Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 351M, 400

Old 11-27-2014, 07:03 AM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Broke down and tried NAPA. They don't have any in stock at the regional warehouse.
Does this mean you were not able to try the NAPA ?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by m78 View Post
Does this mean you were not able to try the NAPA ?
Correct. None in stock. It appears to be the correct configuration. It lists the thermostat(TH297) as a bottom-bypass style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:58 AM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
That's strange that you guys have trouble finding thermostats for the M Series engines 351M / 400. Try the local Ford dealer, they could get you one, for last year while my78 F-150 Ranger Lariat was at the Ford Dealer for distributor issues, while it was there I had them put a new thermostat in for me, and they didn't have a problem getting one. So Doug try your local Ford dealer and see if they can get you one, for you have the same engine in your truck, that I have in my truck, the M Series 351M / 400. hopefully you find this helpful.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jim F150 View Post
That's strange that you guys have trouble finding thermostats for the M Series engines 351M / 400. Try the local Ford dealer, they could get you one, for last year while my78 F-150 Ranger Lariat was at the Ford Dealer for distributor issues, while it was there I had them put a new thermostat in for me, and they didn't have a problem getting one. So Doug try your local Ford dealer and see if they can get you one, for you have the same engine in your truck, that I have in my truck, the M Series 351M / 400. hopefully you find this helpful.
They don't have one and can't get one.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 11-27-2014, 10:55 AM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
Whats a good price Doug ?
Just saw this one is a 195*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271664504517

Last edited by m78; 11-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Rockauto has several listings

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=2200
Randy
Old 11-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by m78 View Post
Whats a good price Doug ?
Just saw this one is a 195*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271664504517
That one disappeared. Somebody must have bought it. Thank you, Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Thank you, Randy. I think some of those will work, but I'm not sure of the quality. The one Motorcraft that is listed is an RT-1139, which is for a Windsor engine. I need an RT-139.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-27-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
That one disappeared. Somebody must have bought it. Thank you, Mark.

I need an RT-139.
I might be missing something, but it says there's 9 left.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:16 PM

TMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the rough
FYI...351C and 351M/400 do not use the same thermostat.
351M/400 do not require the "top hat" on the thermostat.

351C block

351M/400 block

Old 11-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Thank you, Tim. Now I'm confused, if I remember right, the thermostat well on my 400 looks like the top picture?

Quote:
Quote: