Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Officially for sale: 2011 F150 FX4 EcoBoost

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
very nice.

I really like the black one at the end of the "Inner Mustang" commercial.
I love love love the way the black looks. But on the Mustangs they use a straight black instead of metallic like on my truck-- and the straight black shows swirls in the paint way too much. I don't want to deal with that.

I think the charcoal gray is a good compromise :) And for the record, the one above has the California Special package (mostly appearance stuff). Really makes it unique looking ;)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Funny you should ask-- as of tonight I've got a buyer! Pending no other issues, the truck will hopefully be gone Friday.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Truck is officially gone and Bertha is registered for 2 more years :)

Gonna get the Mustang purchase going as soon as possible.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It was definitely a fun truck and I will miss it. But I never did grow the same attachment as I did to Bertha, so Mustang fever took over...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Now, aren't you REALLY glad you didn't let me buy Bertha? :D

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
It was definitely a fun truck and I will miss it. But I never did grow the same attachment as I did to Bertha, so Mustang fever took over...

The only thing I'll caution you on is there's one major difference between the truck and the Mustang. Resale. It's very possible to drive a truck for a year and come out in one piece if you bought it right in the first place (meaning right model, equipment, color, and price). Ain't gonna happen on the car- make darned sure you like what you buy, because you'll have it for awhile.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

That's the difficulty I've had to this point too...the new rides just don't have the character I'm looking for...glad to see I'm not the only one with that mentality. Must be a gearhead thing???

The only thing I'll caution you on is there's one major difference between the truck and the Mustang. Resale. It's very possible to drive a truck for a year and come out in one piece if you bought it right in the first place (meaning right model, equipment, color, and price). Ain't gonna happen on the car- make darned sure you like what you buy, because you'll have it for awhile.

As you taught me though...trade in value may not suffer so bad. After a year and 19,000 miles, I traded my stang in for a grand less than what it stickered for new.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Duly noted. I don't plan on selling the Mustang any time soon -- and if I do, it'll be private party like I did with the truck. With the build that I'm spec'ing out -- I don't think I'll have a hard time getting rid of it when the time comes.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Congrats Chris - good trade I think. The new 'Stangs have driveability the old ones never dreamed of.

Black is impossible to keep clean - the dark gray should be much easier.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So it's looking more like I'm going to special order again, especially since I want 3.73s and can't find one with them around here. Prepare to get patient -- at least 2 months before I'll have the car.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts