Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 4 Cylinder Ford Gasoline Engines

Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 AM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
538 come on only from koer. it seems to only be related to the goose test

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 03:58 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
The only 538 I have ever seen was due to user error. I have pulled codes on the EEC system many times and still get a occasional 538 error. If you don't goose it at just the exact time it will pop up.I normally disregard that error if I see it.
Randy
Old 10-04-2016, 07:50 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
the 2 wire sender is the one that talks to the ECM
When my Explorer was doing that, changing that cender did not solve the problem.

Changing the fuel pressure regulator did....It stopped flooding at hot start up
Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Changing the fuel pressure regulator did....It stopped flooding at hot start up
If it's the same concept of FPR that's used on the OHV 4.0, namely it uses engine vacuum, then the test is very simple. Shut off the engine after it's ran long enough that it's known that the flood problem will occur, pull the rubber vacuum hose from and at the FPR and look/smell inside. Any gas in there and the FPR has a failed diaphragm and the unit needs repolacing.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 10-15-2016, 04:10 AM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Faulty fuel pressure regulator will act like that too.
Charlie wins a all expense pay vacation to were ever he is right now.

Put new temp senders in the thing idle evened out, temp gauge runs in them middle. regulator reduced the hot starting problem to a light stumble for first second. A4le got a service and poor boy flush (hate working on car automatics).

now to find or repair the cracked flanges on the muffle i found.

bring the grand to less the $1500 total in this car over 4 years. including buying it :

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others
Old 10-15-2016, 06:40 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Run a can of fuel injector cleaner through the tank, then change the fuel filter, and she'll be gooder than new.......