Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Bronco

Bronco Full Size Bronco Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 AM

torino71 is on a distinguished road
How to weld fix on a Bronco stress cracks adjacent to the steering box on the cross member

Any tips or kits or How to perform a better weld fix on a Bronco stress cracks adjacent to the steering box on the cross member bottom to chassis on a 1986? XLT

I feel that a local parts and tire auto place placed the rack arm on the wrong place while lifting, and a day or so the steering wheel went sideways to the right,
I had a performance muffler shop weld like a metal U sandwich plate it lasted for 3 months, and reading some threads I saw they used a fix with longer bolts on a 4WD 79, and weld or thicker plates , or some kit, Any help is appreciated thanks up front
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 01:26 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
stop drill the ends of the cracks and then grind down the frame along the crack.. once thats done weld it back up... when your done grind the weld flush... if you wish you can also weld a gusset plate around the outside of the frame to give it additional support..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus

Tags
chassis crossmbr weld