Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Convert 1980 F250 2wd single wheel to dually

I am sure this has been done and done...but could someone post up a link or parts list for what I need to swap out to do this?

My truck is a 6 cylinder 4-speed...custom...

...am thinking front east to change...swap out front brake rotors to 1995 one piece ( which looks like simple unbolt, swap, reinstall and add dually front wheel...

unsure about rear...is a work-style truck...pretty plain...

Can anybody help?

Did you ever make that swap?

I don't understand the need to swap anything on the front since the front only uses one wheel on each side. I am interested in making my heavy duty rear axle set-up into a dually set-up. I spent over 40 years messing with cars and trucks and cannot remember the last time I removed wheels from a dually to see how the set-up is.

Aaron Thomas
Newport News VA

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
the reason to swap the front is so you can run 6 of the same wheels. i believe that the front is simply a wheel spacer. the rear is a different width axle and the bed flares can simply be attached. same fenders as a flare side.

I remember seeing somewhere where the guy used some spacers in the front, and maybe the hubs are different so he could use the wheels.

Ford Truck Articles