Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mystery Leak!!! Help requested

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Mike, did your brake warning light on the dash also come on when you discovered this problem ? I had a 77 F-350 Dually with the old school double chambered master cylinder and I had a leak where one of the lines screwed into side of the master cylinder, and I had the master cylinder replaced. So check your master cylinder and also the lines going from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve, and I reiterate PLEASE DON'T DRIVE THAT TRUCK while you have brake issues, or you'll have NO brakes after you pump out all your brake fluid through the leaking brake line.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Sadly, the brake light on 8 gen truck don't come on until it's too late. You loose pedal pressure first, then it makes a mess under the truck, then the light comes on

The same light tells you that the parking brake is on

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Any news yet on your plan of attack?

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Hey guys! Apologies for the late reply. Had a professional do it, replaced the line and a cylinder was bad on the rear side. Not comfortable to tackle a break project yet haha.

The brake warning light never came on. In the few daysit sat I just kept up the fluid level with some fresh DOT 3 and put plenty of newspaper under the truck. Thank you all so much for the help, I dont know what I would do without you guys :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts