Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

winter,rust and the $500 90's parts truck

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well it starts . Spring is close and salt has made several trucks need to much work to pass inspection. OR the economy has made people worry.

Been at least 12 running inspected/running truck avertised for $800 or less. The most recent I checked in to was a 96 F350 4x4 dually deisel . Had a rusted out frame with 58000 miles. $800

Ow to have a large chunk o Cash$$ to get these before get crushed. But alas I'm not sure of work after spring . Like most I'm doing things closer to home now a days.

Hows the area u live in??

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I try very hard to avoid looking places where people sell $500 trucks...don't have any room to put one no matter how good a deal, so no point in seeing the deals that are out there.

'97 Ranger like mine but with 150k for $1500 down the road. It'll never be pretty again, and will need rear shackles/hangers in the near future. For half the price I'd buy it if I needed transportation, but...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I need a field to park trucks in.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
That's what I do....

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Larry BUY UP THAT TRUCK! The low-mile PSD + D60 are each worth TWICE as much, if not more.

Also-- how is it a dually? I didn't think they offered the F350s in dually's unless it's a conversion.

Fellro

Staff member
You could only get dually's with 16's on 350's.... 450's were much bigger yet. Otherwise, there are a lot of F350 conversions that were cheap, like my 92... It is a Custom. Doesn't even have factory air... If it was a 250 and duals, then it is a conversion.

Uncle has about that age F350 4x4 dually PS as well, guarantee it is not a conversion...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
You could only get dually's with 16's on 350's.... 450's were much bigger yet. Otherwise, there are a lot of F350 conversions that were cheap, like my 92... It is a Custom. Doesn't even have factory air... If it was a 250 and duals, then it is a conversion.

Uncle has about that age F350 4x4 dually PS as well, guarantee it is not a conversion...

The 97 down F450 had 16 inch also .

This is a cab and chassie. 4x4 I drive em daily

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Let's go.....

Its sad really . Allot of these trucks r good runners with under 150000 its just they have had repair panel thrown over rust and now whole bed side is gone.

But there r a few that need trans ,or just some love that r solid. The owners would rather pay $300 month on other one than put $ 300 in old over couple months.

Ford Truck Articles