Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So its almost time to winter ize

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
:( :( Well I know we got couple months decent weather left but time to start for those of us driving old trucks .

Like everyone I need to get paint touch up done $700 to my truck repack front bearings . Should do ujiont in rear no idea how old they r I put 120000 on the truck .

Dig up couple winter tires as I trashed 1 last year . And I'm not running the BF's

Change all fluids .

and remove premium warn hubs and put stock type warns on . I just cant turn them with gloves on , grooves way to small.

So what might you guys have to do ?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'll probably change the oil before winter, check my u-joints even though they weren't replaced to long ago, and when it gets closer to possibly snowing put some weight in the back of the truck for traction and throw my snow shovel back there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Throw the snow tires on and get 'er oil undercoated. Dig out a shovel, snow brush, and ice scraper and make sure they're in there, along with a tow strap and shackle, and a container of traction sand.

I'll be due for an oil change before long, too...but I don't consider that part of winterizing.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Lets see, Winter only slightly cooler than Summer.............. I'm not going to do anything!

On second thought "I'll drive 70 and freeze a yankee"!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Same here! Well, it gets to 14* on extreme occasions, but the truck lives in the insulated garage anyways.

Mine Iced over last winter,a very rare occasion for Florida.

modelsandemblems1411.jpg

Ford Truck Articles