Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford GT

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Who said I wouldn't beat the pants off a Lotus too. With the exception of the 2015 150, I have not liked any of the Ford styling or design in the last 2-3 years. Looking to buy something new (or less than 3 years old) in the next 2 years when the Lincoln is up around 200k+. At that point, hopefully an expanded family is in the works...so 2013 Shelby is out the window...leaving my only other choices a 2016 150 (because I'll never buy a first year vehicle) or a Jag for me. And it'll be time to get Bailee something new shortly there after. And if I'm not the target market...I dunno who is.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Who said I wouldn't beat the pants off a Lotus too. With the exception of the 2015 150, I have not liked any of the Ford styling or design in the last 2-3 years. Looking to buy something new (or less than 3 years old) in the next 2 years when the Lincoln is up around 200k+. At that point, hopefully an expanded family is in the works...so 2013 Shelby is out the window...leaving my only other choices a 2016 150 (because I'll never buy a first year vehicle) or a Jag for me. And it'll be time to get Bailee something new shortly there after. And if I'm not the target market...I dunno who is.

If kiddos are in the near future....for your F150, I'm guessing a Crew Cab? The four doors makes all the difference in the world for us! Would never buy anything less than all four doors on future pick ups. And for Bailey an Explorer or Expi?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I love my 'Sploder with the grand kids.
Wish Ford would have had them instead of Bronco II's back in the day

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...crew for sure...priced out a 2015 Lariat over the weekend. With everything I wanted...it ran 50k. Which in comparison to a King Ranch or Platinum (base prices 42 and 50k respectively) wasn't so bad. But 50k on a truck, just didn't seem right.

Bailee is digging the Expy...but I showed her my build and price truck...and I think she dug it enough to maybe have two in the driveway.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID

Flex with EcoBoost, or at least AWD... And an Explorer...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah...crew for sure...priced out a 2015 Lariat over the weekend. With everything I wanted...it ran 50k. Which in comparison to a King Ranch or Platinum (base prices 42 and 50k respectively) wasn't so bad. But 50k on a truck, just didn't seem right.

Bailee is digging the Expy...but I showed her my build and price truck...and I think she dug it enough to maybe have two in the driveway.

You remember how much I got my KR for, right? Just a little patience and some looking around....it's been just over a year now and it had 27k miles on it and it just rolled over 30k....yeah, I don't drive that much....but got a sweet deal on it.

The Expi's are super pricey as well......but we got the wifey's at a super deal also, but only knowing that we'd probably have to spring for another family banger in 5 years or so, which is what we're hoping to get out of them. BTW, her Expi, which we use pretty hard, has 81k on the clock and we bought it at 70 something, I forget now.....that's been just over a year also.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Ken...it's definitely the eternal struggle of buying new vs used. I know for a fact I've said I'd never buy new again...and I remember when both vehicles were still under warranty it was a flipping headache. The further away I get from those memories though...the more going new sounds like a good idea again...haha.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah Ken...it's definitely the eternal struggle of buying new vs used. I know for a fact I've said I'd never buy new again...and I remember when both vehicles were still under warranty it was a flipping headache. The further away I get from those memories though...the more going new sounds like a good idea again...haha.

Haha....I understand....not much of a struggle for me.....but I understand......there is something about buying new for sure and plenty of pros to go along with it.....same with used. Cons for both also.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The reason all the supercars 'look' the same is because they are designed to go through a wind tunnel, get down force, and go fast. Everyone follows the same rules of fluid dynamics, so they look similar.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts