Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

running rough,,finally fixed

rambler

New Shoes......
well the 2000 5.4 had develped a rough issue, replaced the vacumn lines that were bad, cleaned the MAF sensor, Idle sensor, no codes, new fuel filter, and even ran sea foam in it. ran like bad gas.. finally threw a code Missfire #4, of course, so had a "spare" COP and swapped it out, still not really running right, sometimes it would, then next day, back to same.. ( all was not replaced at the same time) ,, so finally taking my wife's advice bought a new COP and swapped the spare in #4 with that one,

well now I cannot live it down, as the truck is running great again! 277K miles..

well the 2000 5.4 had develped a rough issue, replaced the vacumn lines that were bad, cleaned the MAF sensor, Idle sensor, no codes, new fuel filter, and even ran sea foam in it. ran like bad gas.. finally threw a code Missfire #4, of course, so had a "spare" COP and swapped it out, still not really running right, sometimes it would, then next day, back to same.. ( all was not replaced at the same time) ,, so finally taking my wife's advice bought a new COP and swapped the spare in #4 with that one,

well now I cannot live it down, as the truck is running great again! 277K miles..

Awesome! YelloThumbUp

I so need to do a tune-up on my 4.6. The plugs need to be done for sure and haven't thrown a code but has a slight stumble every now and then. Mileage is down also.

Ford Truck Articles