Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 7

Generation 7 1980-1986 F150, F250, F350

Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Rooster Snorkler

jebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud of
Oh..hell I thought he meant f-150 ranger. Lol

2008 f-150 crew cab

2005 f-350 Crew Cab Long Box diesel - for sale. Check out my classified post!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Bend guy

oneribshy is on a distinguished road
Took her on the road today for a run and she pushed hot air good, the radiator is still almost full maybe 1/2 3/4 inch below top just a little air in system. So I guess problem is solved. But still just little warm @ idle. I'm going to sheet off front of radiator when winter is in full force, I'll drain some water out and bring her to -20 and keep n eye on level and adjust accordingly. The engine is a 84 2.3 L. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Bend guy

Took her on the road and finally got some good heat. Radiator level dropped about 1/2 inch to 3/4. will be draining some water out and refilling to -20 and top off via reservoir. I'll put a for sale sign in front of radiator to block air flow when cold hits hard. THANKS GUYS!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:08 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
My 85 2.3 was cold natured at idle also. Itt threw good heat above idle. I had stick I wedged between the seat and the gas pedal to get a fast idle to warm up and defrost the widow off in the winter.
Randy
Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Rooster Snorkler

jebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud of
My 2.3 was the same way.

2008 f-150 crew cab

2005 f-350 Crew Cab Long Box diesel - for sale. Check out my classified post!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Bend guy

heating is solved

Thanks Everyone for the help.... Heating is working fine. Just needed the air out of the system, I guess... I have been driving her a bit now for awhile and shes doing fine.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:58 PM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear
Old 02-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Bend guy

The fluid is always full reservoir full, all the lines are clear new heater core, 160 thermostat, New water pump. She blows out warm air now, but hardly any at a idle. I just purchased another pump online A Cardone W/FINGER vanes. Going to see if it will pump better than those round vaned pumps...
Old 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Bend guy

I thought is was working anyway........I am changing pumps today to a full finger vane pump, in the hopes it pumps more water. Everything is free flowing no ex-strictions anywhere! I'll will try this and see what happens. she heats fine when going down the highway at speed, but at an idle cold air. If this does not work all I can think off is to restrict the water flow to the engine itself somehow but am afraid during the summer it will over heat..

Last edited by oneribshy; 03-01-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Bend guy

well that didn't work either blows cold air at hwy speeds too. ill get air out of system like before and I will just have to live with this idle problem. I was hoping the finger vane pump would push more water. This ranger is the worst rig I've played with I am about to sell it.