Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dash lights

So I'm looking to replace the dash gauge lights -including the turn signal indicators (got a couple of burned out ones). From what I'm understanding, there's approx. 6 lights total, right? ...with this part number:

*edit:
bulb #194 --goes w/ socket FORD C8OZ-13711-A-- right?

Just wanting to confirm before I go buying the wrong ones.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Had you said something yesterday morning they would have been in your parcel in the afternoon.

I have hundreds of bulbs

It was just something I thought of spur of the moment to kill a free day (no classes & no work b/c of Good Friday). Of course it turned into more than a simple bulb replacement though.

Turns out the plastic backing for the gauge assembly is so old and dry-rotted that it has literally turned to chalk. Seriously. You can put your finger right through it w/o even trying. It pretty much disintegrated the moment I started taking the screws off for the display cover.

So now I guess I'll be needing a new gauge assembly. 'at's ok I guess. As you can tell from the pic, the oil pressure gauge is funky anyway (the truck was off when the pic was taken) unless it's the sending unit...either way, the new assembly will tell me for sure which it is.

UTfball68- your suggestion for LED's is is neat, but I think for this truck I'm sticking w all original. BTW, I hear things have been pretty rough weather wise in your area. I'm assuming- and hoping- you're east of Murfreesboro, no?

Attachments

• 0410091348.jpg
Sounds like you need my Low fuel economy Light cluster :)

It's in great shape

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
VB...glad it was a simple bulb. I believe you when you say it disintegrated on you...I've never had one that bad before...but have heard plenty of stories. As for the LED thing...I like your style...I'm and OEM man myself.

Thanks for the concern...yeah, the weather was pretty bad...the news said we had 8 tornados touch down in surrounding areas, but I'm fine and only had some bad rain/hail/lightning in my direct vicinity.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Weather has been crazy lately in different parts. My fiance is in Oklahoma and she says there were a lot of fires all around. I'm surprised I did not see that on the news here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Those bulbs are worth it. I never could get a good picture, but did the job. I would go with these though for the cluser. They will fit, but they won't fit in the socket for the wiper/headlight switch light and I think will fit in the socket for the A/C,Heater controls. The standard ones supplied in the kit aren't as bright. I just showed the link to the blue ones, but come in other colors.

http://www.hipoparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=74_69&products_id=568

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts