Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Ranger/Bronco II

Ranger/Bronco II Mazda B-Series

Old 11-25-2015, 02:28 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
I did. changed the coil pack, wires, computer.
NEVER a code
The idle is much better now.
Something else is still going on, but it's much more "user friendly"
Did you check for pending codes after it acted funny? Pending codes don't trigger the CEL, you have to go and look for them and they only stick around for one duty cycle. If the same fault does not occur on the next duty cycle, the CEL won't come on.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 11-25-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 06:41 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, and it shows none.
It's doing it every warm start now.

Like a bad idle control valve on steroids.
Goes away after about 10 seconds. code reader shows nothing even hooked up while running

I guess it's one of those " let it develop" repairs
Old 12-09-2015, 06:35 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Well, got tired of dealing with the "let it develop" method, and took it to my friend's shop

Mass air needs cleaned
fuel pressure fluctuates

He suggested running a few tanks of fuel treatment through it. Injectors have about 200,000 miles on them.
I'll clean or replace the mass air, and treat the fuel, and get back with you........
Old 12-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
*Dirty MAF sensor...everything I've seen and experienced shows that a dirty MAF sensor likes to deliver symptoms of running lean (knock going up hills, for example). When you clean yours, be very OCD about it, use FI cleaner and an artist/model paint brush, gently rubbing the FI cleaner on the delicate elements of the MAF sensor and plenty of clean FI cleaner. Finish by gently blowing with compressed air.

*I don't know if you have the fuel pressure regulator on the rail and back by the firewall (earlier 4.0's), but if you do, just for kicks, pull off the vacuum line and see check for the presence of gas in it. There should be none whatsoever.

Please tell us what year the vehicle is; signatures with the description are great!

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 12-14-2015, 03:00 PM
owned by Fords

'sploder is a 96 with the in block cam 4.0

I have way too many trucks to put in a sig, I don't want to brag for one, and the other, there isn't enough room.
Cars and trucks have been collecting me since a young age, and I only let them go if they are too far gone, or someone offers me a stupid amount of money for them