Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LMC Billet Grill Insert Questions and Requests

I know the billet grill insert is not everyone's cup of tea but I really like them and I'm about to place an order through LMC Truck but I can't decide on the 4mm or the 8mm bars in the grille. I'm wondering if anyone on here has one of these grills or has pictures of them. I would prefer to get a picture of a 4mm and an 8mm so I can compare them but one or the other will work as well. The picture that they use in the catalogue is useless.

I've sent a request to LMC truck, as well as searched on here and all over the web for pictures of these grills installed, but have not found what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty stuck on these grills or something like them. I looked at other grill types but they are not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thank You

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have personally never ordered anything through LMC but I don't think I've ever read anything good about the products they supply...you might want to try doing a search on LMC here.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have personally never ordered anything through LMC but I don't think I've ever read anything good about the products they supply...you might want to try doing a search on LMC here.

Agreed!

LMC is good for a few small parts though. However 99% of the stuff is not that good.

I don't see anyone else that makes the style of billet girll that I want. Stull or something like that makes one but it's not my style at all. I want the finer bars. DC doesn't seem to make one and LMC seems to have a lot of parts that I'm looking for that other companies just don't carry. Maybe I'll do somet more searching. Still would like to see pictures or other suggestions.

Also LMC also has a 5 year warranty on their grill shells and 2 years on their inserts. I can't find any other grill insert companies. I looked at the little pictures again and think that the 4mm bars are the way to go. Has anyone ever bought their grill shell before? what's the chrome like over the original aluminum?

Page 57 in the latest catalog. I see what your lookin at but the pic doesn't specify which one it is. I personally haven't bought form LMC as of yet, but haven't heard anything great about them.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Their chrome sucks and it will rust out in one winter around here. I dont buy from LMC unless its for minor stuff that aint real important. They have terrible quality on their sheet metal and its paper thin and very weak.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'd go with Stull personally, i've seen a LMC grill and I wasn't to hot on it.

This will be a summer driven truck only. Well it appears that I'm stuck. Perhaps a DC grill shell and the LMC grill insert. LMC has a few other minor parts that I'm interested in. It's a shame that the quality isn't better, I was really excited there for awhile.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice lookin' truck Tex!

A locking hood latch would solve that problem

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Any aftermarket grill shell whether from LMC or another place isn't very good quality. Unless you find a really expensive NOS grill, DC makes about the next closest thing. They are more expensive though, but between the frustration of not fitting right and playing hell trying to get the inserts in and let alone the look of crap, paying more money is worth it. HOWEVER, you can find some pretty good used ones out there for much less and you might just have to shin it up a bit.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Their chrome sucks and it will rust out in one winter around here. I dont buy from LMC unless its for minor stuff that aint real important. They have terrible quality on their sheet metal and its paper thin and very weak.

I made the mistake of ordering chrome license plate lights from LMC last summer. Even with my truck sitting in the garage, salt free, for the winter the chrome covers on the lights are already rusted. I actually first noticed rust in the spring/early summer. Less than a year, with now winter driving? I'll never order anything from LMC again.

LMC with a 5 year garuntee on the finish of the shell looks mighty attractive over 550 plus crazy shipping charges and border fees i'm looking at well over 700 for a grille shell from DC. This is a cruzing in fair weather only truck, not a work horse or daily driver. I think the LMC may be worth a try. It's really hard to decide.

-TAG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts