Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95 300 I6 / Carbed Duraspark

can a 95 4.9 efi be converted to a carbed duraspark II system ?. Don't like all the sensors ,computer, hoses ,and things that will go wrong . :(

ripped the brains out of it

The truck is before the efi days and it currently has a duraspark II in it because most of the smog stuff was gone when i got it. Duraspark II is simple to work on and diagnose problems unlike a efi system and " when all the computers crash i'll still be able to drive my truck there will be plenty of gas in the computer cars and trucks that won't run anymore". :guns:
Just wondering if it can be done by changing things over from my engine. I don't know much about the later mod efi 300's except theres a lot more that can go wrong.
Thanks

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The truck is before the efi days and it currently has a duraspark II in it because most of the smog stuff was gone when i got it. Duraspark II is simple to work on and diagnose problems unlike a efi system and " when all the computers crash i'll still be able to drive my truck there will be plenty of gas in the computer cars and trucks that won't run anymore". :guns:
Just wondering if it can be done by changing things over from my engine. I don't know much about the later mod efi 300's except theres a lot more that can go wrong.

Thanks

Not to be argumentative, but I was around when the pre-EFI trucks were around. Would i go back? Not no- hell no. EFI's are sooo much more reliable than any carb setup ever invented, it's not even true.

Ford Truck Articles