Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just bought a beater

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Just bought a 1992 Taurus with the 3.0 OHV engine. Engine has been completely gone through by a mechanic coworker, and runs like a champ!

New head gaskets, alternator, starter, radiator, fan motor, fan relay, dist, cap, wires, battery, brakes, etc., etc.

New everything, and already converted to R134A on the A/C.

I drive about two miles to work everyday, and I'm thinking that's kinda hard on the '78, so I bought this to get me back and forth.

It looks like a turd on the outside, but it runs like a champ on the inside.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool Doug....that will save wear on tear on your classic....got any pics of said beater?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My college roommate's father-in-law bought beater Tauruses exclusively for the family for years.

He musta had a dozen of 'em over the years. Mother got the nicest one, then they'd filter down to the kids, and the ones that got too old for that before they got wrecked became his commuter for milking cows.

He bought a lot of cars I wouldn't have looked twice at, but the good ones were good and the rest were better than they had to be.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Pics forthcoming............:D Sorry, Austin, it hasn't been detailed yet.

Headlights need some work..............

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
My college roommate's father-in-law bought beater Tauruses exclusively for the family for years.

He musta had a dozen of 'em over the years. Mother got the nicest one, then they'd filter down to the kids, and the ones that got too old for that before they got wrecked became his commuter for milking cows.

He bought a lot of cars I wouldn't have looked twice at, but the good ones were good and the rest were better than they had to be.

This one might go in the cow-milking category........:D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
DSCF2673.JPG

DSCF2674.JPG

DSCF2675.JPG

DSCF26761.JPG

DSCF2677.JPG

Windshield needs replaced. Other than that, it's good to go.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My grandfather always put my grandmother in Tauruses...and my sister has always had a newer Taurus/sable in her drive way. My mom currently has a Taurus wagon. Not the sexiest cars in the world, but boy oh boy do they rack up the miles.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
True, unless it starts making some 160 mile beer runs. :D

Then it would be in your best interest to remove the back seat for maximum loading :wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts