Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1967 Ford Wont Turn over

I drove my truck perfectly fine from point A to point B. went back to drive it and now it wont turn over. Im running 675 cold cranking amps. So its not the battery it makes NO sound when i turn the key. Ive tried in neutral and still nothing.?? would it be the starter? I hope not.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's really not that large of a battery, and the CCA's mean diddly if it's dead. And if it's making no noise, I would be inclined to believe battery or corroded battery cables. But since you say you just drove it from a to b, chances are the alternator isn't charging the battery, so now it doesn't have the juice to get you started. My next stop would be an auto store to get your system load tested. Can you turn on any accessories (headlights, dome light, radio, etc.)?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
take the battery get it tested. if it tests out good after they slap a charge onto it, go back drop the battery in the truck drive it to that parts store have the slap the tester onto the truck and that for the most part can tell you whats up, may be voltage regulator or alternator.. i think that truck has a external voltage regulator..

That's really not that large of a battery, and the CCA's mean diddly if it's dead. And if it's making no noise, I would be inclined to believe battery or corroded battery cables. But since you say you just drove it from a to b, chances are the alternator isn't charging the battery, so now it doesn't have the juice to get you started. My next stop would be an auto store to get your system load tested. Can you turn on any accessories (headlights, dome light, radio, etc.)?

No nothing will turn on but my battery is charged to 675 cca Can it be my Solenoid?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't get all hung up on the CCA of a battery, all that refers to is the amount of current it will supply at a given temperature for a given time.
Do what was mentioned...check your connections from the battery to the solenoid, from the solenoid to the starter and your ground(s). If these are all good, then check the solenoid and battery. Batteries can fail. If nothing turns on then it might not be the solenoid as the accessory connection is on the battery side of the solenoid.

Never do any electrical related trouble-shooting without first making ABSOLUTE sure that the battery is in prime shape.

The car battery is like the human heart.

Batteries can sulfate and develop shorts Inside themselves.

They can leak power across the top of the battery ...post to post.

Ford Truck Articles