Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Which tonneau cover?

I have been looking for a tonneau cover for my 73. A lot out there until you get to the 1973 part then the list gets thin. LMC truck has one that they say will fit. It is the kind that lifts from the back and clamps on. Has anybody had any experience with this type of cover in their gen 6 truck? I fly radio control aircraft so a cover of some sort is a must so stuff can be transported safely in the bed. Thanks.

Donald

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would be leery of things that LMC offers...they are kind of like JC Whitney...hit and miss with fitment and quality.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have been looking for a tonneau cover for my 73. A lot out there until you get to the 1973 part then the list gets thin. LMC truck has one that they say will fit. It is the kind that lifts from the back and clamps on. Has anybody had any experience with this type of cover in their gen 6 truck? I fly radio control aircraft so a cover of some sort is a must so stuff can be transported safely in the bed. Thanks.

Donald

I'd have to pull up some paperwork, but the previous owner that built my 77 made a custom canvas top (a premade kit with an aluminum tube frame) tonneau that lifted up with shocks and was easily able to come completely off with hooks by the cab.

It was a very nice tonneau, but for what I use my truck for, it was easier for me to just leave it off.

All good info. Thanks guys for responding. Not quite sure what to do. I have been looking on line at home made jobs and being a designer perhaps I could come up with something that is adequate. But I need to do something because when I go to the field I will need my aircraft protected.

On another note; Had the valve seals replaced last week. Still burning some oil...:(

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Try going to auto anything.com, that's where I had gotten a tonneau cover for my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, I have a cross the box toolbox and side rails on mine. I have the eight foot bed on mine. So I had gotten the Access brand toolbox edition and it fit beautifully with one minor modification on the left front corner, all I did was cut a small piece of 1x2 to fill the little gap. I had paid $481.00 for mine, but they have all different brands and prices on their tonneau covers, all you have to do is give them the make model year, and bed lengthof your truck. Hopefully this will help you

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
From an e-buddy of mine...

image.png

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts