Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cat installation

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So I finally got my replacement Magnaflow cats yesterday and I'm curious, the originals had the air tube inlet but these don't so do I just leave it loose or figure out how to get the airline to work with the converter?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you're planning on bring the truck to CA you'll have to tap that line into the new one. You might be able to have an exhaust shop weld a bung onto the cat. The air tube is part of the secondary AIR injection system. Injects air into the exhaust to reduce emissions.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The cats dont have the little tube on it? You can get them with the tube. I passed NJ inspection with just the cat, none of the emissions stuff is on my truck. Just weld them up if you dont want to deal with removing everything.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Not taking it with me, selling it to the first guy that gives me the right amount of cash...

Thats cool, it runs great w/o them no strong odors at all just making it legal to sell (also keep the value up)...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts