Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 10-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool New Center Tail Light

Ended up having to get a new 3rd tail light assembly with a new wire harness to go with it due to finding both had apparently "melted"

New assembly arrived on Thursday..

Apparently they have made some design changes over the years.

*sarcastically says* Ooo says FMC

If anyone else needs a new one heres the part number theyre using now

and while i was waiting for the new bulbs to arrive i gave it a little bath and rubbed down in some spots..

Then sunday my new bulbs arrived so i got the new assembly on... prior to putting it on i buffed around where the old one was because the body was stained from the old dirt and other crap that that gathered on top of it..

old cloudy one... not as bad as some ive seen before...

new one next to the old one...

melted sections of the assembly's from the old halogen bulbs..

melted sockets from the same holes.. 3rd one looked better but not as much... still wouldnt stay in the housing

bed light socket..

tail light socket...

just the bed lights lit with the new LED bulbs in that i swapped the halogens out for...

brake light lit now...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Wow they did melt up bad.
Randy
Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah really... thats why i switched those to LED's... ive always been against the use of LED bulbs in tail lights for the main reason it seemed every time i was behind people with them all i ever saw were just dots for tail lights... but knowing LEDs were alot "cooler" (as in they didnt get hot like halogens did and not cool as in the thing to do) i figured id give them a shot... ohh i just realized i didnt post the night pics...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 10-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Virginia Chapter member

ok ok sorry.. heres the night pics... lets see how good yer eyes are with the first one here...

best i can make out in this one is the dually bubble fender and part of the bed side wall...

and then Shawn said.... LET THERE BE LIGHT!!! wow look at all that was hiding there in the darkness...

and here we have a binary system of 1000 lumen white dwarfs captured by a super duty.....

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 10-16-2017, 07:46 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a name known to allJasperrc is a name known to allJasperrc is a name known to allJasperrc is a name known to allJasperrc is a name known to allJasperrc is a name known to all
I can see!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."