Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Chips/Power mods

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Still Da Man

Mil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond repute
Okay What do I need

to tune my 92 Mercury 4.6L with a chip or tuner?

http://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4067

I don't see anything online for this car except a Circuit board like this

http://www.performancechiptuning.com...Chip+Module/7/

Would a tuner for a 4.6 Mustang work ?

I speak in "Straight Talk" Deal with it.

Click for Red Deer, Alberta Forecast

Last edited by Mil1ion; 12-29-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Ford Parts Guru

BKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant future
Don't forget, the whole tamale is run by the onboard computer, so what might work on a Mustang (or whatever) may not work on your Grand Marquis...or an LTD or Lincoln Town Car of the same vintage!

And, you Canucks required different emissions equipment that what was used here in the US of A.

Guess how many different computers were used in 1991? I dunno, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the total is well over 100.

2017 Fusion SE

Last edited by BKW; 12-30-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:21 AM
CHECKERS OR WRECKERS

godblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to beholdgodblessmud is a splendid one to behold
I got my 351 "tuned" to the tune of 400-450 hp with an efi setup and it cost me about 2500 bucks when i could have made the same off a carbed setup for half that

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
I'm beginning to suspect you are seriously overchicked.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:54 AM

flareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond reputeflareside_thunder has a reputation beyond repute
You're just kidding with that last link right? No "one size fits all" chip for that cheap is going to make as much of a difference as they claim. By far, the best bang for buck is going to be a custom dyno tune. I'm not sure if the TwEECer or Moates programs are supportive...but definitely something to check into. Also, on the note of a programmer, you could always cross-reference ECM's to come to a conclusion on whether a tuner could be compatible.