Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just bought a beater

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have to say, I've grown very fond of this car. It's made several 250-mile trips for beer, car parts, underwear, etc. and it hasn't hiccupped at all, and it gets about 30 mpg.

I am a firm believer in repurposing older, reliable vehicles. If you do your research and homework, a lot of these can be found.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have to say, I've grown very fond of this car. It's made several 250-mile trips for beer, car parts, underwear, etc. and it hasn't hiccupped at all, and it gets about 30 mpg.

I am a firm believer in repurposing older, reliable vehicles. If you do your research and homework, a lot of these can be found.

That's awesome Doug......too many times, we jump into newer vehicles when an older one can be just as, if not more, reliable saving thousands upon thousands......that has to feel good.

racsan

4xford
we had a '93 taurus, was a really good deal, had only 25,000 original miles, was only 10 years old at the time we got it...for $2,500. had over 150,000 when we got rid of it, got 28 highway mpg at best, around 20 in town. had a trailer hitch on it but never did pull with it, only major thing i did to it was replace a timing cover gasket. (coolant leak) and it needed a new radiator a few years before we got rid of it. springs were really soft, i found a way to mount coil helpers on the rear suspention, jacked it up a bit so i hung a old 8.8 diff cover underneath (sprayed chrome of course) and from behind it looked like a rwd car.....got asked more than once "when was the taurus ever a rwd?".....got a picture somewhere....i'll have to go hunt it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts