Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

badlands 12000# winch

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
"I climb trees in my truck on the weekend."

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm still not sure I'd trust/rely on it. It would never fail while I'm pulling stumps out or yanking walls down...it would fail at the exact moment I need it to get me unstuck...but that's just my luck.

Fellro

Staff member
I did my time hand pulling for years, then got the low strength units, which convinced me I needed to get a better one. Been happy with mine so far, be nice if it was lighter, but I can live with it when it does the work like it does.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The weight is my only complaint. Winch is 100# plate and receiver is another 47# so all together close to 150#. I'm going to make a set of handles to bolt to the plate for moving it around easier.

Fellro

Staff member
At this time, I use the guards that go over the top of the winch. I need to do the same, but I will just add it to the long list of things I need to get done.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Played with it a few other times and it has did everything I asked it to pull.
Glad I bought it works as well as the big name witches a few friends have on their rigs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Fourwheeler and Petersen's didn't have near as kind a review for that winch. But I hear both ends of the spectrum with that winch...it's either the best purchase they've ever made, or the thing comes broken in the box. Personally, standard price vs. standard price ($499 for the HF and $679 for the Warn), I still say cough up the extra $180 and go Warn VR12000.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I got mine for 279.00 with the coupons. That's 400 less than a warn.

That's why I said 'standard' who knows when what's going to be on sale...I've seen the Warn on sale for $429 before with coupons and rebates.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts