Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you work on today

primetime

sawmill slave
We recently bought a JCB 4CX. 2008 with 1200 hrs. Pulled it into the shop and gave it a once over.

We also have two Komatsu WA200 loaders. The primary one just got a service. Both have started leaking coolant from the top radiator hose. Ordered a new hose for both, primary WA200 got done yesterday and filled with coolant today and kicked out of the shop. The hoses on these are siliconed and clamped on. The engine side of the hose is buried under a massive bracket that supports the muffler. Barely enough room to get your hand in there. But only one hand.

I love the people who tell me they`d rather work on equipment instead of a car "Because everythings easy to get to". I laugh at them and have zero problem telling them they`ve never worked on a piece of equipment.

I did take some pics, but my new phone is making it a pain by not letting me get into my email.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I love the people who tell me they`d rather work on equipment instead of a car "Because everythings easy to get to". I laugh at them and have zero problem telling them they`ve never worked on a piece of equipment.

I learned to turn wrenches on John Deere 112s, working with my grandfather. He used to ***** about how small they were and how hard it was to get to everything. I didn't know any better at the time.

Now, after 15 years of working on modern Fords and older BMW motorcycles, I'm back under the JDs...easy peasy. So much room, so much easier than modern cars. (Most of the time.)

(In Grandpa's defense, he learned to work on cars that were old when he got out of the Army in '45, and only ever owned a few vehicles built after 1975...whole different ball-game than my '09 Ranger!)

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
This was yesterday
70eb0d55173a0d261787ccf15a243d8d.jpg

90553b5b1d13d796af2afa5c23c0733d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
It is a giant curbing machine, it forms and pours the center divide in the middle of the freeway

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
No worries, I dabble here and there on it[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i went to work... and stocked shelves all day...

primetime

sawmill slave
Whatcha building here Charlie? Looks 2wd diesel to me. Sorry if I`m out of the loop and asking a redundant question.

primetime

sawmill slave
Right on. Nothing wrong with TTB for the vast majority of people. My truck rode better when it was TTB. To be honest the two times I`ve SASed an F250 was because they were plow trucks and I couldn`t get what I needed to fix them and a Dana 60 fell into my lap. So no TTB hate on my end. I do think the 50 is better suited for a 250 then a 44 though.

That being said, both times I swapped (both trucks that plowed), it made a difference. The first time it sold me was on the first truck I SASed, an 87 with a 6.9 with a turned up pump, dual exhaust, and a 14x6 K&N. The front end slid into a ditch while plowing. I cranked the wheels in the direction I was going and stood on the smoke pedal. It crabwalked down the drive until the frontend got hold of something and pulled itself out. The TTB 44 wouldn`t have done that. Having the wheels cranked and on the pedal was how I snapped the 2nd axle shaft in that truck.

So no TTB hate from me is all I`m trying to say lol.

primetime

sawmill slave
Shackle reverse and TTB? It`ll be interesting to see how that works out. Gonna be a tall sumbitch also between the reversal and the arch on those front springs. How big a tire you plan on putting on this?

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Fought this thing for the last 5 hours doing injectors. #1 was stuck somethin fierce. Fought it for 3 hours then shifted gears to the slide hammer.
1f4e275224592f2f06337bfd34863aee.jpg

Had to build an adapter for my slide hammer. 12 slaps and it finally came out
5ce4956719888f01eefe2dbf63b6fbf7.jpg

c83be774277a1922e4fb3078da8dbabf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts