Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400, C6, 205

You can have 2wd with a 203, but the diff will still turn the driveshaft.

yes, I always wondered why they called the ones like mine an all time 4x4, when you put the indenticator in neutral when you don't need 4x4. and yep the front driveshaft does turn on these. I kinda like tht mine has auto hubs, as it sucks to be out turning hubs when its freezing out or if theyre iced over lol. but by turning the driveshaft, it would get less milage and lil less power, so i geuss theres pros and cons to both.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Fat chance that Ben has spare clevage lying around.

First time I swapped engines in the Bronco and knew even less than I do now, I grabbed one from a buddy...then asked around here and found out it wouldn't work...and sold it to a guy on a local site.

yes, I always wondered why they called the ones like mine an all time 4x4, when you put the indenticator in neutral when you don't need 4x4. .

For lack of a better term, the front end is still 'locked', just not 'activated' if that makes sense.

and yep the front driveshaft does turn on these. I kinda like tht mine has auto hubs, as it sucks to be out turning hubs when its freezing out or if theyre iced over lol. .

Also nice when you do some dirt trail romping, and hit a mud puddle that swallows your front end.

but by turning the driveshaft, it would get less milage and lil less power, so i geuss theres pros and cons to both.

From buddies and reviews on other sites, I've heard that guys have seen no difference to a 20% difference in fuel economy...and not much difference in the line of seat of the pants. My big issue isn't so much the parasitic mpg/power losses as much as it is chain stretch.

First time I swapped engines in the Bronco and knew even less than I do now, I grabbed one from a buddy...then asked around here and found out it wouldn't work...and sold it to a guy on a local site.

For lack of a better term, the front end is still 'locked', just not 'activated' if that makes sense.

Also nice when you do some dirt trail romping, and hit a mud puddle that swallows your front end.

From buddies and reviews on other sites, I've heard that guys have seen no difference to a 20% difference in fuel economy...and not much difference in the line of seat of the pants. My big issue isn't so much the parasitic mpg/power losses as much as it is chain stretch.

yep, that makes sense

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Update...unless someone is serious about this stuff, it's going to the yard on Saturday.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
No can do here Ben, sorry.

GLWS!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No worries...Austin. Just has to get out of my driveway...so if no one claims it by Saturday, it's going to the local yard...where it can sit until someone needs a buildable core.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
These items when to the yard Saturday, and for anyone curious, a 400 with no intake/carb and missing one exh. mani, a C6 and a 203 weigh in at 980lbs. I figured it would be close to that, but that was the exact weight.

Ford Truck Articles