Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.2

Superduty Gen.2 2008-2010 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
If you drive around with about 2000 lbs in the back of your truck the fuel milage will get better. The reason fuel milage on these trucks is so bad is the regeneration process the exhaust goes through, to go into regen the exhaust temp has to be at a certain point so they dump extra fuel into the truck to get the temp up thats where all your fuel is going and why the oil level ends up being over full when you have it changed. So if you are riding around with a loaded truck the exhaust temp should be high enough all the time so the pcm wont have to add as much or any at all to go into a regen brining the mpg's up. I know this sounds weird but trust me it works.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441
Installer Of Bullet Proof Diesel Products

Click for Jewett City, Connecticut Forecast
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute6L PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-kuzmen View Post
If you drive around with about 2000 lbs in the back of your truck the fuel milage will get better.
So, if they're 5' 4" or so, and normal (not Tony sized), that's about 110 to 115lbs each, so, you need to find 2000/112.5(AVG) = 17.7, that's roughly 17 or 18 hot chicks to ride around in the bed of your truck with you every day.

Works for me.

WILL have another Ford Truck someday!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 PM

ks gto (Cap) is on a distinguished road
Recent update...the tech at the dealer tells me..they flashed a new update..still regerating every 35 miles.
My question...if they don't get this fixed..will the Sparton program signal it's own regeneration at a more appropriate interval? Will it completely take over and replace all of Fords' program?....thereby solving all my current issues? (Issues being power-milage-regeneration interval)
Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
I still find it hard to believe that they can't find the reason for frequent regens.