Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 95 Grand Marquis

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm definitely going to need a media dump for this one; expect some awesome before's and after's.

The day she returned:

IMAG0157.jpg

Started tear down to fix the ignition issue. (As you might be able to tell, it was smoked in.)

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

After today's initial wash. I took the center caps off because the wheels had to be acid washed; yeah, that bad!

IMAG0167.jpg

Tomorrow she'll receive the first of many steps to interior restoration; a nice hour long vacuum!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Those wheels are beautiful! If you're willing to say, what acid, and what strength? If you have to kill me after you tell me, never mind.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
looks like whoever, used the top of the steering column as the ashtray!!

The ashes are all over the dang place; I'm going to market this as a non-smoker when I get done cleaning it, though!

Those wheels are beautiful! If you're willing to say, what acid, and what strength? If you have to kill me after you tell me, never mind.

Thanks Doug! I'll tell you first, but you have to dig your own grave! smilietease What I use is a detailer strength muriatic acid. You can buy it in contractor form at Lowes. It's a pretty aggressive (as you can tell) chemical and I use it with a lot of caution. I soak the wheel with water, apply the acid, agitate with a stiff brush, and flush with plenty of water. I usually follow up with a base or soap wash to eliminate spotting.

You are magic.

That is all.

:D smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Decided to tackle some rust clean up on the metal dash parts that I pulled. I want this car to last at least another 18 years. Gotta shoot some paint on there tomorrow.

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
Headers, pipes, PI heads, 4.10s, shift kit... That`s what I`d do. Just sayin.:)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
If by pipes you mean Pypes then yes, headers aren't cheap for direct fit, $1100-$1400 just for long tubes, mustang shorties will fit. Better to buy aftermarket heads leave the gears and trans as they do quite well in stock form, 5spd is a LOT of work but doable...

Etch primer is good, will help stop the rust and prevent it from coming back...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Perhaps a circular high velocity air relocator ...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Heres the price list

Shopping Cart

Pypes Performance Exhaust HDR54S - Pypes Stainless Steel Mustang Headers

Price:{FTF}$300.99Quantity:{FTF}Update QuantityTotal: $300.99Remove

Trick Flow Specialties TFS-518B0002 - Trick Flow® Track Heat® Intake Manifolds for Ford 4.6L 2V

Price:{FTF}$899.95Quantity:{FTF}Update QuantityTotal: $899.95Remove

Trick Flow Specialties TFS-K519-390-375 - Trick Flow® Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 4.6L 2V

Price:{FTF}$3,099.95Quantity:{FTF}Update QuantityTotal: $3,099.95RemoveSubtotal{FTF}$4,300.89

TS1000-99-BKKIT5499.009-25 PSI KIT W/AC ('99 UP 4.6 MUSTANG 2V) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, COBRA TB ("TUNER KIT") 2.6L

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts