Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Micro Machine Manager

Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the F-150 back, but it's throwing codes 637 and 628 or 638, think 628. Transmission related.

RPMs will get up there, can get up to 65 so far, no problems, but it shifts a little hard in the lower gears and downspeeds quickly instead of "coasting" without applied brakes.

The biggest problem, and this has been a "feature" since 2017, yet we have a brand new engine and all kinds of new parts now on there including a smog pump, is that going to reverse kills the engine. Stalls it out. I used to be able to power through it with a high rev on rpm, but it's bad. It literally kills the engine.

Also, found mechanic did not inspect the grounding points recommended previously except the one closest to the odb1 plug (the ground at the hood) but he had to remove the hood, so maybe he was looking at it enough.

We inspected the ground at the driver side headlight. It was green as could be and needs new eyelet installed and the copper cut back to non-green copper wiring. There are two grounds, a smaller black and a larger black ground on that part of the frame. I'll be fixing that. I mention this because both snap on and an older card reader could not get the KOEO and KOER codes, nor could it clear the codes.
Sponsored Links

Tags
1992 f-150, 2000 rpm, 300-6, 4.9l, new engine