Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 05-10-2020, 11:36 AM

chrumlaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Truck-Nut97 View Post
Checking to see if you have good ground at the horn button will tell you if you have to pull the wheel or not.

What do you mean by the relay "seems fine"? Does it click when you push the horn button?

On the cruise, look under the dash, find where the added wiring goes through the firewall, then go find it at the firewall under the hood, and follow it, that's about all I can say there, without pictures and more info about your drivetrain.

It would also be helpful to know what you are using for testing. As in test light? Volt/Ohm meter? Makes it easier to explain some things.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Iíll get some pics today of the cruise. I swapped out the relay and it functions. There isnít any click so I think my problem lies between the buttons and the relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2020, 05:57 PM

chrumlaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrumlaw View Post
Iíll get some pics today of the cruise. I swapped out the relay and it functions. There isnít any click so I think my problem lies between the buttons and the relay.

The cruise control runs under the dash and is fixed via a 4way connector to a wire harness. That has 2 leads that connect to the 2 green/green with brown strip wire. The entire harness run through the firewall to the box next to the break booster which leads to the throttle. Iím not sure where else this goes if anywhere.

As for the horn. The relay is good. And it looks like I donít have a good connection at the horn switch. I donít want to blow $250 on a clock spring. Any advice which wires under the dash or steering column are for the horn?

Old 05-17-2020, 12:38 AM

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I missed your post! I've never seen a cruise set up like that, fairly certain it's aftermarket add on as opposed to dealer installed. If you can read the info on the tags a schematic or installation instructions may be online. Post up pics of the tags I'll help you look. To work it'll have to have power, key on power, ground, and be hooked to the brake lights, and possibly the parking brake indicator. It will also need a speed signal, either tied into the trucks sensor, or have it's own sensor on the driveshaft somewhere.

As for the horn, my book is not new enough to get wire colors for your truck. What color are they at the button? They may be the same color in the column harness.

Next, are you SURE that truck is a 97? Do you have an OBD II port under the dash? Ok, missed it being an F-350. Not important on year question, though still curious.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Blue-Truck-Nut97; 05-17-2020 at 12:49 AM.