Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Towed in 2nd gear!

catgiv

catgiv
I have a 1988 F-250 w/utility bed. 460 7.5 . So here's the deal. I call a tow company to tow my non-opted truck 35 miles and they towed it in 2nd gear. When they show up, it's almost on fire. I call the main office and he says they will put it on dollies and have their mechanic check it out. 12 days later, no contact or calls back, so I go looking for my truck. I find it at a tow maintenance repair place, owned by the same guy who owns the tow co. He takes full responsibility for the damage and says they will fix it. 50 days later and 2 undriveable test drives, they say come and get your f'ing truck. They tow it down to my place and drop it off. I test drive it, but the cluch pops off in my driveway.
I call the BAR Bureau of Automotive Repair and he does an investigation, but tells me he can't enforce anything because it was not repaired for money.

Who do I call for any type of regulation with a tow company?

The tow co. wants to try to fix it again, but they have tried 2 other times and won't stay n contact with me.

Shouldn't they have just contacted their insurance co?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
You're asking questions only somebody in Cali can answer. Local laws and regulations are specific to the locale.

Good luck with it - hope it all turns out well for you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts