Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Tire Talk

Old 07-29-2015, 09:48 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
KO2's, exactly what I plan to buy when the current KO's wear out. And that will be my fifth set of KO's.

Feel free to update this thread from time to time, I'm anxious to hear how you like them over time.
Hi Bill. Been 2 months now since I got the tires and I am loving them! No annoying tire noise on the highway. Felt great and sure footed in the downpour we had the other day. Haven't tried them out in the mud, everything is bone dry right now. The only thing I have noticed is that the tread likes to collect little rocks, but this is common with this type of tread design. (sure you already know this with the KO's you have)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2015, 08:42 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Mine picked up rocks for the first little while then stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkatt1 View Post
Hi Bill. Been 2 months now since I got the tires and I am loving them! No annoying tire noise on the highway. Felt great and sure footed in the downpour we had the other day. Haven't tried them out in the mud, everything is bone dry right now. The only thing I have noticed is that the tread likes to collect little rocks, but this is common with this type of tread design. (sure you already know this with the KO's you have)
Any updates Roy? I've probably got 20K miles left mn my current KO's, but if I see a good deal now, I'll buy and store them in my basement. In fact, there is a $70 rebate if you buy four new ones.

*The tread picking up rocks, those rocks fly out and hit the windshield of cars that follow too closely. Silly tailgunners, lol!

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 09-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe the money I saved by getting my new wheels and tires over labor day week.......1800 normal (which in itself isn't bad for what I got I thought ), immediate rebates of 200, then 320 in mail in rebates for a total cost of 1280 for a brand new set of wheels and tires (34") mounted and balanced DELIVERED to my door.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 09-16-2015, 12:43 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Bill. Haven't been driving the truck much. With the weather changing and finally getting rain, I hope to try them in the mud. On the road I am very happy with them!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
I can't believe the money I saved by getting my new wheels and tires over labor day week.......1800 normal (which in itself isn't bad for what I got I thought ), immediate rebates of 200, then 320 in mail in rebates for a total cost of 1280 for a brand new set of wheels and tires (34") mounted and balanced DELIVERED to my door.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk
That's an awesome deal Ken! Wow... rims AND tires!
I wanted to get 34's, but with the 4.6 my truck has, it really hurts the performance. (I've read guys putting 35's on with the 5.4 and having no real loss)
The 34's you put on look amazing! Have to say I'm a little jealous
Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkatt1 View Post
That's an awesome deal Ken! Wow... rims AND tires!
I wanted to get 34's, but with the 4.6 my truck has, it really hurts the performance. (I've read guys putting 35's on with the 5.4 and having no real loss)
The 34's you put on look amazing! Have to say I'm a little jealous
Thanks Roy.....as you know, I drive my vehicles, even my DD, like an old lady drives them to church and back....light and minimal, so performance isn't much of an issue for me, but like you said, the 5.4 in my rig probably wouldn't even see any decrease.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Thanks Roy.....as you know, I drive my vehicles, even my DD, like an old lady drives them to church and back....
^this made me smile!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Thnaks for the feedback guys!

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 11-07-2015, 02:39 PM

Well, it's November now and the weather is changing...
(No, no snow)
Going to have to find a muddy place and try out the KO2's.