View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 05:03 PM
Micro Machine Manager

Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: So SnJ Engines apparently wants the engine back. Unsure what the specifics are, but the conclusion is the piston rod on #1 is bad from initial reception on forward. :-(

Have about 7K miles on it, but having a starter issue with my Saab atm (repaired all wires, looks like the gear is messed up even though its bench test was good, battery is good, going to order a new starter rather than rebuild the gear), so it'll be a few hundred more before I put the Truck down and try to come up with $2K more to pay to have the engine pulled out so it can be shipped back. :-( $6.5K+ engine install, here we go...

Got new rims, wheels, tie rods, shocks on Red IX -- driving pretty darn good in regards to that, alignment with Firestone on the 19th (has the lifetime). Have another new tensioner (one with the pulley with ridges already installed) and power steering unit (NAPA) to fix the last little things I've annotated are not operating at the intended parameters.

Going to solder in a new EEC-iv ODB1 pigtail in later and hopefully get better control of the engine fault codes again, possibly will get control of the ABS RABS I diagnostics too with that repair. Distributor pigtail was an easy solder in, worked good. Right now ODB1 readers have a hard time controlling and only the cheap paper clip short seems to be reliable in presenting flash codes at the instrument cluster for what's in the computer memory.

After a new Engine, my last thing to really hit hard beside figuring out how to force the fuel filter off the rail (it's seriously hard as hell to remove, many a mechanic has given up so far on removing it), is to get a WOT check done on the TPS with the throttle body spacer. I think Keith didn't run the WOT and adjust appropriately which has been the other reason why fuel is running rich. I found a really good adjustment guide, is pretty easy to back-probe but for $20 you can create an alligator clip diagnostic to the TPS with spare TPS and pigtail tied into alligator clip testers for each pin. Super good rig, will post link.

Here it is! Over at Full Size Bronco -- Throttle Position Sensor Testing, Replacement, and Adjustment

"Not too impressed.... often."

Last edited by Kaajot; 09-13-2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Saab starter issue inocmplete