View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 10:20 AM
adtkart adtkart is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 17
adtkart is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to enter this for general information.

In this case, the insurance company is responsible for any damage that the tire caused. They are not responsible for the tire itself. If you have "full coverage", in other words "collision" coverage, then they do have to pay for it. When you contact the adjuster and they tell you otherwise, then ask for their supervisor. If they will not correct that issue, going thru your agent is often a big help, since they get the company business. After that, if necessary, contact the State Insurance Commission.

I spent 5 years as an insurance adjuster and paid many claims like that. I also have many years body shop and mechanical shop experience. Those claims are always covered by the insurance company.

Aaron Thomas
Newport News VA
Reply With Quote