Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Glad to see some progress.

It had to happen eventually :D

That is one clean and organized garage!

Thanks Ken....I need to see a shrink about my OCD :p

Hello all,

This is my First post on this forum.

Today I removed the brake brackets from both sides of my firewall, removed the bolts that hold the bed to the frame, and I removed the body mount bolts.

As of right now, I'm waiting on my local machine shop to get back to me so I can go pick up my newly prepped block.

Welcome to the site!

What all are you doing?....we need pics!!!!smilieFordlogo

Welcome to the site!

What all are you doing?....we need pics!!!!smilieFordlogo

I am in the process of restoring my 77 F250 4x4. I will be posting pics in a project thread in the near future.

Today I picked up my block from the machine shop and I started welding back in metal in my transmission hump and firewall. It was not a massively productive day, but every day, something gets done.

SC

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Any progress is good progress!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Mine are coming out soon.....we just have too much snow that hasn't melted yet around the barn! SOON, VERY SOON! CAN'T WAIT!

Ok, on Saturday I had some help and took the bed off my truck and started drilling spot welds so I can replace the bed side panels. I didn't do anything Sunday, but I did pick up my rotating assembly and my new transmission today.

Been driving my '79 around a fair bit now that the weather's nice. Running errands and taking it trap shooting. Going to drive it 200 miles down a pretty desolate highway with marginal cell service tomorrow. Taking it to my dad's place where we have space to pull the box, replace fuel tanks, tune up, and transfer case rebuild all inside. Little nervous since the last time I tried to go it plugged up the fuel filter right when I headed out. Got a spare one in the glove box should I have that issue again!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
^^ It's a Ford, it will get you there!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After only putting 100 miles on it in the last 5 years, and none in the last 2.5 years...some ether persuasion and a jump...and Red made her way out of storage to the new house. She is definitely in need of a tune up, but all in all, she handled the 2.4 mile trek just fine...

IMG_3730.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Did some body work on the bed, cut out and welded new backing nuts for for the tailgate and side panel. Getting ready to work on the tailgate.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the blower motor and heater core yesterday. :headbang:'balls':icon_mecker::hammer:It's pretty sad when 27 deg feels nice. The driveway was dry so I got it done without getting wet. It is getting hard to find a squirrel cage for a factory A/C blower motor.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
That's too cold to be working outside. It was 74 for me yesterday doing the backing nuts for the tailgate hinge and side panels, this time on left side of the bed.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the rear differential seal today. I had the slinger ring separate from the seal and wore a pretty good ring around the yoke shaft. There was a pretty good puddle of gear lube under the differential. A repair sleeve and a new seal solved the leak.

Ford Truck Articles