Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front Turn Signal Not Working

I have a 1977 F-150 6 cylinder. The front drivers side signal does not work. I can see some minor corrosion but thought bulb was bad. New bulb but still not working. Wires seem OK. I guess replace the socket because I haf a problem getting bulb to seat properly. Thanks for any ideas.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Have you used a meter or test light to check for voltage in the wiring?

It wouldn't hurt to make sure the bulb is going in the right way. Because that is a running light and turn signal it only goes in one way but if the plastic of the socket is worn out you might be able to get it in backward and have it not work correctly.

If that is the case, I would replace the socket.

Thank you. I will look into the voltage test and the bulb issue. I have a digital volt meter if that would work. I assume just check the metal contacts in socket. Thank you again.

I got it working. I had to put on road quickly when our Alero got stuck in park. Because of that, I had to get a generic socket at NAPA. Had to sort out which wire did what but it works...only problem is when both on at same time the head/parking light is a little dimmer. On a side note, I can get Alero out of park. Not sure what was wrong but it may have a cable or the fact the shifter button popped out. Probably it will end up in shop and probably be expensive with my luck. Thanks again for the help. There was a piece of metal on side of original socket that was loose and fell out...I guess that was problem.

Ford Truck Articles