Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1950 ford f2 build thread

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
8 on 6.5"

It's the same pattern Ford used until '96 on 3/4 ton trucks. Makes it super easy to find alternative wheels.

'97 on are metric

black_devil

babble babble
So I have come across a problem I have many cancer spots on my truck and bending metal for some of these spots is out of the question so is bondo or fiberglass better for a seamless and as close to original as possible. ( I don't want the thud when knocking on the body)

droid jkf2 1950

black_devil

babble babble
Made some progress this weekend torn into the engine more

droid jkf2 1950

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383425036768.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383425044393.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383425051268.jpg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
They're tough to remove. A driven bit usually gets them, but with the heads stripped you'll probably have to drill them out.

The early F series trucks had a spot of weld to hold the hinges in place.

You could pull the pins if you just want to remove the doors, but those aren't usually easy either - I ended up drilling mine out.

Your '50 F2 is the same color as my '49 F4. I've got the cab repainted on mine, I used Du Pont Nason Urethane in Holly Red. It is very close to the original color and available as a premixed color, so it was a little cheaper than custom mixed paint.
Mark

black_devil

babble babble
b98cc91103c231199d77a2b1cdeb5f50.jpg

This is how it looks currently I'm putting new leafs that are alot more progressive

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

black_devil

babble babble
well i haven't been on here in quite some time i just got the tapatalk app back on my phone. i have done alot of things since i have removed the cab and sold the bed and bought a chevy 454 with a turbo 400 to go into the truck (yea i know offend the masses) but its unique i have stripped the frame. and took out the leaf springs as well as the aux springs...not sure why it had them since its an f-2. I undercoated the frame and am in the process of putting newer springs and shocks. thats right about where i am.

black_devil

babble babble
Wow alot has happened in two years.... I ditched the leafs since I couldn't get them to work right and went with more cost effective coils in the back. I ended up tearing the block down and found that the head gasket was bad on passenger side also to my surprise found that it had been bored 30 over making it a 462. It is currently waiting for $$$ to have traction bars and rolling on all 4 wheels.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That should move you along quite nicely!

Ford Truck Articles