Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tire Advice

Michigan
Michigan

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Those are some nice looking tires man.

Michigan
What ones do you guys suggest?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've never been a fan of ProComp tires...and I've heard as of recently they have been having quality issues, ie blow outs, eggs, etc. I have had the TSL Radials and got right around 40k out of them. I like them, give you some distance for the street, and give you the capability off road. So I would recommend the TSL's.

I have to ask, what kind of miles did you get out of your Claw radials? I'm looking to get a set for my Bronco over the summer. Do you recommend them? What's the reason you're looking for the swap?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My buddy runs TSL SSRs on his truck. He's happy with them, but it's a "play" truck not a daily driver.

Personally...I hate driving on off-road type tires on-road. Call me a pansy if you want, but when I'm rolling down the interstate, I want smooth and quiet from my tires. (Keep in mind, though...I put down 500 mile days often enough to care about how I feel at the end of one). If I had a truck that I took off-roading but was also my DD, I'd probably have more than one set of mounted tires, to swap around depending on what I was doing.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I will vouch for the SSR's as well (note, they are different than the TSL Radial)...I've had 3 sets and gotten anywhere from 42-46,000 miles out of them. I like to consider SSR's as my 'all-terrain' tire. Get pretty good tire life and are better offroad than a M/T, but not quite as capable as a TSL. And the reverse is true when it comes to road manners and tread life.

Michigan
I really like the looks of the TSL.. Cheaper of the rest as well.

I have the Baja Bias claws. Owner before me put 1K road miles on them and ive put about 2 to 3K on myself and they are wearing quicker than id imagine. I might be able to get this summer with them, but i will be making 300 mile trips to the sand dunes quite often this summer. So im preparing and saving for some brand new tires in the meantime. These tires are very loud so its going to make driving 3 hours a joy lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts