Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pics Upon Request

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys,

First of all, thanks again for all the welcomes in my "new here" thread.

Second, some of you asked for some pics. I'm working on that, but I'm not real familiar with a good way to post them here in the forums. What I have done is uploaded some pics of my truck into the user galleries if you want to check them out there. Or, if anyone prefers that I post something up here just let me know--and tell me how!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man that truck always looks soooooooo good. I really like that color scheme. I gotta say though, I've never seen full size pics of your truck before and just realized all the trim you have on that thing. You disappoint me, I always thought you were a bare bones kinda guy...now we all know the truth, you're a closet bling king. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, just playin man, looks great.

I gotta ask though, I can't remember the story behind that truck...is it all original? Or have you done any work to it?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Man that truck always looks soooooooo good. I really like that color scheme. I gotta say though, I've never seen full size pics of your truck before and just realized all the trim you have on that thing. You disappoint me, I always thought you were a bare bones kinda guy...now we all know the truth, you're a closet bling king. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, just playin man, looks great.

I gotta ask though, I can't remember the story behind that truck...is it all original? Or have you done any work to it?

Thanks for the compliments, man. She has a few signs of wear and use but is overall rust free and solid.
I've been exposed! The truth must come out! :redface: HA HA!

Actually, I am all about bare bones. The real truth here is that the previous owner is the one that stuck all the chrome on my truck. I've mentioned in another forum that I can't take credit for the way my truck looks. I wish I could, but the PO did most everything--I've done very little. If I had done it, I prolly would not have put the outside trim on it.

Other than looking kinda fancy though, the truck is a fairly plain Custom with no a/c, and a four speed. I do have carpet (original) and woodgrain trim (glove box and doors) on the inside though. I hate the carpet, and intend to put a rubber mat it!

A little more back story: My truck is not a Frankenstein mechanically, but it is quite a blend of trim levels. Originally it was an Explorer or Explorer Custom, which explains the carpet and color-coded seat belts and sun visors. The PO gave me all his pics of the resto. Before he started the truck even had an Explorer hood ornament and the plaid seat. It was solid Dark Jade green on the outside with no trim, no stripes. He chose to do the tu-tone paint and all the trim essentially making it a Custom-Explorer-Ranger mix! Nothing that stripping the chrome and a paint job wouldn't fix--but, I like how it looks so it doesn't bother me. Since the rest of the truck is so sound and well put together, I over looked the paint scheme being unoriginal for the truck.

I actually found this truck by mistake. I was looking for a beater to haul and tow with. I wanted a 70's Ford because we had a '78 for years and I always loved it. When I originally saw the ad for this truck I knew it was too nice for what I wanted and he wanted too much. When I went to call about another truck I got the numbers mixed up and called this guy, who since first posting the ad had dropped the price. It wasn't enough though. Three months later I had found nothing else I was happy with and called him again. He had taken off another grand, so I jumped on it. I think it was meant to be!

Whew--apologies to anyone who was not into reading a novel today!

What the heck. Who else wants to tell the story of how you and your truck met?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Huh? :confused: I don't see any aftermarket bling on his truck....

Truck looks great buddy YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA Steve...quite the author. I don't think I've ever heard that story before. Quite a good one. And as I always say, you don't pick the rig, the rig picks you. It was fate that you screwed up the phone numbers...haha. Anyways, it all looks good and I don't think I'd change a single thing on that truck if I were you.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Huh? :confused: I don't see any aftermarket bling on his truck....

Truck looks great buddy YelloThumbUp

I was being semi-sarcastic, because I knew Steve is a bare bones kinda guy. And prior to his pics in his gallery I never knew he had the race track trim, wheel lip chrome, drip rails, and trim along the rear of the cab below the window. Now don't get me wrong, I love 'chrome' (actually anodized aluminum), but I never expected to see any on Steve's truck.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I was being semi-sarcastic, because I knew Steve is a bare bones kinda guy. And prior to his pics in his gallery I never knew he had the race track trim, wheel lip chrome, drip rails, and trim along the rear of the cab below the window. Now don't get me wrong, I love 'chrome' (actually anodized aluminum), but I never expected to see any on Steve's truck.
Hmph. Guess I don't know the dentsides well enough. None of that stuff even caught my eye-- looked stock to me 'smiliedoh'

Either way-- looks awesome YelloThumbUp

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Now don't get me wrong, I love 'chrome' (actually anodized aluminum), but I never expected to see any on Steve's truck.

'smiliedoh' I don't know why I called it chrome. I know better!

You're right. Typically, I'm not one for bling at all. If I do a repaint some day the trim may come off. The thing is, it has really grown on me over time. Everyone always says how "pretty" the truck is. That's why I decided she had to be a girl. Too pretty to be a guy!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hmph. Guess I don't know the dentsides well enough. None of that stuff even caught my eye-- looked stock to me 'smiliedoh'

Either way-- looks awesome YelloThumbUp

Yes, any of the trim on it would have been available from the factory on different trim levels. Mine just didn't come with it from the factory and PO added these pieces later.

Thanks for the compliment!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts