Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

information on the 6.4

blacksnapon

Staff member
Top-2_edited1.jpg
Top-3.jpg
Top-41.jpg
Top-5.jpg

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
isnt it soppose to be a twin turbo?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I think it is twin sequential turbo's meaning a smaller one before the bigger one to help the bigger one spool faster, less turbo lag that way, if any at all.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I looked up this engine and it sounds really awesome yes the engine is dual turbo but like Don said there is a smaller per turbo that feeds in to the larger turbo and the engine makes god awful power at low RPMs 650 lbs at 2000rpms thats just awesome :D

Last edited:
4 Bolts per Cylinder?

Looking at the heads they do not look very different form 6.0L heads. Did International decide to keep the 4 bolt/cylinder design?

I have placed an order for a 2010 f-450 instead of waiting for a 2011 because I didn't want a first year new engine with all of the anti-pollution junk they have come up with to satisfy the idiots with the epa.

Waiting for FORD to confirm the order.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I have a job 3 2008 6.4 and would not trade it for anything in the world. Only complaint is poor fuel mileage. Not Ford or International's fault though, just playing the hand they were dealt.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts