Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

customer is always right!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Got an 05 6.0 in here now (out of warranty) with #2 and #4 cylinders misfiring slightly when cold. They smooth out after it warms up. The inductive heating reflash will cure it, but the customer said "absolutely no reflashes", (what does that tell you?). So, being we follow directions carefully, we'll sell him a couple of injectors.

That's funny....

I guess that reflash came out after his engine was produced huh? How do you track software revisions?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I still need to come down and get that flash done to mine too! Though I'm not having any issues, I want it to protect the injectors!

Mine is an '05, do have the latest heat inductive flash and am here to tell anyone that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread for cold weather starting. Out on a jobsite, I don't have the luxury of being able to plug my truck in and after an entire day of cold soaking and it starts like a gasser. I do however use 5w40 synthetic Shell Rotella in the crankcase.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Got an 05 6.0 in here now (out of warranty) with #2 and #4 cylinders misfiring slightly when cold. They smooth out after it warms up. The inductive heating reflash will cure it, but the customer said "absolutely no reflashes", (what does that tell you?). So, being we follow directions carefully, we'll sell him a couple of injectors.

Oh brother, 'smiliedoh' i see you have another rocket scientist on your hands Vince.

Well since he wants to spend money needlessly, let him. If you haven't already, i would have the owner sign a release stating he would not let you re-flash the computer before you release the truck to him.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Mine is an '05, do have the latest heat inductive flash and am here to tell anyone that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread for cold weather starting.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Just had the latest flash installed in my truck the end of December when it was in for warranty repairs, and it makes a difference.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
So out of warranty means the reflash would cost him? Probably cheaper then the injectors though?

Most shops charge for 1-hour of shop time to re-flash, so you are looking at no more than $100 -$125 at most places.

Kep4

Jäger
The inductive heating reflash will cure it, but the customer said "absolutely no reflashes", (what does that tell you?). So, being we follow directions carefully, we'll sell him a couple of injectors.

Now where could he have gotten information that would scare him away from flashes?!?! He's a smilieloser

Maybe he like his MPG with his current flash. As long has you tell him his option. Then he's always right. for the picken. no no my bad.

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Vince,

I would think that you would want the paperwork/receipt to reflect that the customer wants bo re-flashing???

Why... because isn't checking for codes and reflashing part of the Ford service procedure when tracking down issues like this and replacing injectors and the like?

I would bet a case of beer that if and when he ever has another problem that he will blame it on you for not re-flashing and making sure all was well before it went out the door.

Just my opinion... not worth much... but just my opinion.

Jeff

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
The truck's pcm was already up-to-date, no further cal. available, and get this called the guy told him what it needed and he said, "I'll put them in myself" lol ok we'll see him again when he messes it up and then charge him more.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The truck's pcm was already up-to-date, no further cal. available, and get this called the guy told him what it needed and he said, "I'll put them in myself" lol ok we'll see him again when he messes it up and then charge him more.
I put a set of injectors in mine. Of course, the engine was out and on the floor when I did it. ROFL I can't imagine trying to do that IN the truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts