Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Car show flier.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I suggest opening in the browser or wordpad if at all possible. Microsoft Word has margin issues.

Ryan

Umm...yeah it does. I opened it before reading your post Ryan.

It needs some graphics added. Like Ryans header (once the new pics are added).

Ok...I saved it as is. I then tried to open it in notepad and got some gibberish.

I opened it in the browser. I opened it in microsoft word. Same bad margins.

It appears to be a word document. I can fix the margins myself if needed.

Last edited:
I gotta figure out how to get my preferences for Rich Text Files to open in wordpad or works instead of word. I haven't installed word, don't want to. so all I get is that silly message to fill out the product key. big time waster.

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Word Pad should be installed on your computer already like note pad. If a document is to large for note pad to open it should automatically ask you if you would like to open with word pad.

I am using a XP machine but if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories on that menu should be Word Pad at the bottom.

Yeah, you understood me just fine, bud.
I work with so many programs as it is, I just prefer to use the same one as universally as I can, rather than re-learning assorted shortcuts and such. simply a personal preference. ]
Works will work cross-app between the WP,DB,and SS. I know office does too, but as I said, this one I know :rofl:

Word Pad should be installed on your computer already like note pad. If a document is to large for note pad to open it should automatically ask you if you would like to open with word pad.

I am using a XP machine but if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories on that menu should be Word Pad at the bottom.

Wordpad is in there. I never noticed that. :redface:

I typically use word, not that I like it, but the college uses it and I have send junk back and forth. Same reason I use excel and power point.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Just to chime in, I don't want to speak for him.. but Chris seems to be a wizard with photoshop. I'd love to see what he could with that. :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tom you can set the default program for opening a specific file type like this:

-Right click on a file of the type you want to change (a .rtf file in this case)
-Click on Properies
-Next to Opens with: --> Click the Browse button
-Browse to the program you want it to open with my default.

As for the flier.... Ehh, it lacks pizazz. Needs some graphics and some photos of Ford trucks. Also could probably cut down on the writing a bit; we don't want people to get the flier handed to them and feel like it's HOMEWORK :D If anyone wants me to have a stab at it just gimme the word and I'll see if I can make something worthy of this glorious website :)

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I say go for it Chris! :wasntme:

Yes..I know this thread is old, I looked at the date, and figured it needed to be revived! smilieFordlogo

If one of the admins will get on here and tell me "do it"-- then consider it done YelloThumbUp

I think one of them just asked you to give it a try:

Chris, would you please work on the flyers? j/k Bud, we would be grateful if you would put your creative touch to our flyers, sir...

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137087&postcount=21

Most of us could copy the logos from around here onto the page, but none of them would be the same. We need an official one. LOL

EDIT: Just a suggestion to those who may use them...put something like: "You are invited by ______ (your login name)."

Would that work?

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts