Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to install ac in a truck that didn't come with it?

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My Father in laws V10 superduty doesn't have air conditioner in it. How hard would it be to install AC in it? Would it be easier to install aftermarket ac or try to gather up the factory stuff?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I would imagine that his truck probably has an idler pulley + bracket where the A/C is SUPPOSED to be... If that's the case-- it should be a direct bolt-on swap; just remove that bracket and put the compressor in place.

Then of course you'd also have to install the condenser + lines...

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
My Father in laws V10 superduty doesn't have air conditioner in it. How hard would it be to install AC in it? Would it be easier to install aftermarket ac or try to gather up the factory stuff?

Not too bad, I think the wiring is there you just need the components to do it. Maybe find a junkyard truck and grab the stuff from that one would be the cheapest way.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Thanks guys. That is what I was hoping. If the wireing is there all I need to do is get all of the under hood componets and the controll for the dash.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts