Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Elite Diesel

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Anybody have anything to say either way about this company in Colorado?

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
What are you looking to purchase? I hear that they are hard to get ahold to some times.

I have heard a lot of good things about Inovative diesel.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pretty much a complete engine...turbo, injectors, tranny etc....the OL has a 2005 that she wants a bit more pep out of.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Pretty much a complete engine...turbo, injectors, tranny etc....the OL has a 2005 that she wants a bit more pep out of.

You want to install a new high performance 6.0 diesel in this truck?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Use the existing engine, get the parts and install them.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I have never been overly impressed with Elite Diesel, but more importantly how much power are you looking to add the your 6.0?
You are aware that the 6.0 is temperamental to hot rod. It can be done but is expensive and takes great attention to detail to do properly.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks for the input on Elite...I have been looking and reading up on the 6.0 for a while now and realize that certain things need to be done...I have a very competant diesel mechanic here and have a budget of roughly 20-25k to do it with...but I certainly don't want to throw the cash away....I have looked on specific diesel forums but have not really been convinced one way or another.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Give me an idea of what type of power gains you are looking for and i can help point you in a direction. Without knowing how much power increase you are looking for and what you want to use the truck for, it is difficult to determine what mods should be made to achieve both performance and some level of dependability.

Matt at Spartan Diesel has built the 6.0 to all levels of performance but a performance goal & use must be set before the type of build is determined. This is true with any type of engine buildup.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would like in the neighborhood of 500 at the wheels....mostly for daily driving with the option of putting your foot into it. We were considering a toy hauler, but if we go that route we will probably look at a 450.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
450 is easily reached. You can almost get there with a tuner alone. Injectors turbo fuel system and custom tunes can get 500+. There are a few people running compound turbos with over 600hp.

Blackhat wil come along with more info.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sorry, I wasn't clear...we would not tow with that unit....we were debating it but what I meant was that if we tow, we would get an F450 and use that truck as the daily driver.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
huh.......did I hear some blasphemy?! 'drama' hahaha!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Due to stubborness and the fact that if you cut me, blue ovals will fall out I would rather stick to the 6.0...I'm still doing research and trying to figure out which way to go.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
IF you don't like the Cummins idea, perhaps a 7.3 PS diesel would be better?

I'v always heard you could get more power, more reliably out of them...but I'm not really sure cause ours is 100% stock. :rolleyes:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It will be a Ford...like I said I just have to figure out the right components.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts