Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2005 F-750

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Since I am posting pictures...here are some of the work truck which one day will become a camper or serious ass 4x4. It has a 330 C7 CAT, RDS tranny, 23000# rear, 17000# front, lockers in both...the tires measure about 42''.The front diff is planetary driven, double cardan in the knuckes.

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That's a heck of a Ford you got there!
What kinda work do you do?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The OL and myself are electricians that do a lot of acreage work and big custom homes...it is our mobile shop. It has 1300lb of AGM batteries in it, 6kw of inverters,A/C, diesel heat.....it rides at 27000#.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We have had it in 12''of Alberta mud (ask Dennis!) and the traction is amazing, pulled out a cement truck out of a jobsite..in 4 low with the diffs locked it is pretty bitchin'!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy crap. Someone needs to ban this guy. He's making me feel less like a Ford Truck Fanatic :rofl:

You've got some seriously nice stuff man. I love it.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Really nice rig. My dad and I have a 1970 GMC 5500 flatbed dump truck for our construction business, so I can really appreciate the value of a HD truck.

Except ours is a chebby so I don't talk about it here.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Concrete truck was full and was a tridem...he backed up and sunk on one side. The last truck we had was an F550 4x4 with the 19.5 rims...now that truck used to look at mud and get stuck! Thanks for the compliments...we are pretty fortunate, our company is small and does exclusive stuff, no kids just cats. I have worked my *** off since I was 17, been doing electrical for 20 years, my wife for 32 years.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is an Allison RDS3500 with 5 speeds....6th is programmed out as the transfer case is limited to 3600 rpm input speed....trucks top speed in 5th@2400 rpm is about 75 mph.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We've had no problems,and it was filled with synthetic at the factory (an option)...the only beef is when it is -30 to -40 it locks itself out so we put it in drive with the air breaks on and rev it to 1000-1200 to warm it up for a few minutes.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
At that temp it is the same -40 is -40, -30C is about -20F...the engine has an Espar D5 coolant heater and the cab runs an Espar D2 airtronic...so we just have it programmed to run for 2 hours of pre-heat, the truck also has 3 900A starting batteries which are tied to the inverter and AC connection to continually charge....and all kidding aside, as I mentioned a few replies back, if it is that cold these days, we really don't go out unless it is critical.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Concrete truck was full and was a tridem...he backed up and sunk on one side. The last truck we had was an F550 4x4 with the 19.5 rims...now that truck used to look at mud and get stuck! Thanks for the compliments...we are pretty fortunate, our company is small and does exclusive stuff, no kids just cats. I have worked my ass off since I was 17, been doing electrical for 20 years, my wife for 32 years.....and....until 4 years ago really just had the house and work truck and the 350....then a tonsil removal followed by happy news a week later that I have incurable blood cancer (fNHL) stage 3 and grade 3.....so instead of continually working insane hours amassing money for "one day"...we started to enjoy life....and you know what, after pursuing a more balanced approach I still haven't been conventionally treated and try to keep things in perspective.

Lymphoma? god man I'm sorry to hear that, that's heavy stuff enjoy your toys and loved ones and goof off as much as ya can I all ways say..
The cat engines I use to work on were really good engine's we rarely ever had issues with them other thing your normal wear and tear.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Actually the lymphoma is the best thing that ever happened...besides the new wife...hehe....sure makes you realize things. We have had 1 injector go out so far, other than that, no issues.

Last edited:
pulled out a cement truck out of a jobsite..in 4 low with the diffs locked it is pretty bitchin'!

Sounds like what my step-grandad did, only his is a 76 highboy with open diffs, and the dump truck was loaded too, and sideways. I know we are talking about two completely different beasts, but in 4-low and 1st gear, anything is possible. He has 4:10 gears and a 4 speed so there is just about an unlimited amount of torque in those low gears. What gear ratio does the truck have?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts