Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Snowplows

Well times are tough right now as we all know. But next year if its the same Im thinking of putting a plow on my truck. I know it says not to but you got to do what you got to do. I was looking at the Sno-way series 26 or the blizzard. Does anyone have one on their trucks and how do they like them? I have seen a bunch of the newer 150's around here have plows on them so I might have to also. Anyone have pics?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just got myers and boss here mostly . They r not cheap . Most 97 up truck here don't keep the plow on long . I dont know why for sure. But they should do fine.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The sno-way plows are so-so. Not a great plow but not bad. Depends on how you use it. If you are going to plow alot of rough areas stay away from the sno-way.
My friend sells them but they will never hold up like a BOSS or a Myers plow.

The sno-way plows are so-so. Not a great plow but not bad. Depends on how you use it. If you are going to plow alot of rough areas stay away from the sno-way.
My friend sells them but they will never hold up like a BOSS or a Myers plow.

Ya I heard they were good but I heard so so too. I just wanst sure cause they were made out of they polycarbonite or whatever its called. I might look into the blizzard. This isnt a sure thing yet just throwing up ideas cause I need to do something if next winter is like this too.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've seen very few of those polycarbonate blades around here...does anybody know if shattering is a concern under extreme cold?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yes they do shatter.

The blizzard is a decent light duty 1driveway plow . They may make a HD version but all I have seen r on explores and the like (smaller rides ) I know the plows don't like hidden curbs .

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I was really, really glad to find a curb last night. With my tire.

Seriously...I was going down a REALLY slippery hill and couldn't slow down enough to make my turn at the bottom, so I dragged down the curb until I got slowed down. Chanced wrecking the tire...but they're cheaper than fenders.

On the subject of snowplows...what's the weight difference between the "plastic" and steel blades? Only plow blade I've ever really handled was my uncles 7.5' Fisher (steel), and while it was heavy...I'm still curious how much weight is actually saved. (Or is it in price that the savings come?)

Last edited:
I think its like a hundred pound difference. I forgot but the Poly one just sounded better cause it was lite. The price is like 800-1000 difference. I believe to. Im still deciding if I want to next year or not. Im thinking so but something is telling me no

I wouldnt do it, I just sold my plow truck ('94 f250) and it was the best decision i have ever made...i never realized how much money i was dumping into it until i dont have my plow mechanic on speed dial anymore!! It is really hard on the truck, and I only did my driveway and a few parking lots. ended up rebuilding the front end (the whole thing including the hubs) and transmission, suspension ect. If you want to plow i would recommend buying an older beater that is cheaper to fix and you dont depend on daily. I have to admit tho, I had a western sno pro with a back drag blade did a great job but was very very heavy.

Ford Truck Articles