Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need some distributor info

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
i need a new (or new to me anyways) dizzy. i want to know if its the same as one on a small block ford. if so i can get a good used one cheap at a speed shop i know of that sells used race stuff. i love walking around that place.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Do you have a parts # or pic to try and determine if it'll work for you? To be honest, I was a little confused by your question so let me see if I have it:

You have a SB, and need a dizzy. You know where you can get a good used dizzy, but aren't sure if it's compatible with your SB? Did I get that right? If so, like I said earlier, a pic, description or part number would be nice.

Another note, do you have a link, name or address for this second hand race shop? If so, I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

Tell me the exact application.

The term small block is not relevant to Fords.You see the 351C./351M/400 would all be considered small blocks

Engine Families is what counts

The Windsor engines or V-90* engines matters.

The 260/289/302 and 351W possibly the same

IIRC, the 351W is a different firing order.

The Distributor for the 240 is different than a 300.

Last edited:

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
wow. i really didnt word my question well. ok, round 2.
I want to either rebuild my 240 six into a 300 or rebuild a used 300. so i was wondering if a 300 dizzy was interchangable with one from say a 302 or 351 ("W","C" or"M").

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
that makes me sad. i guess ill have to get a rebuilt one or something. thanks for the help.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
Id got to auto zone theyre cheap and theyre new.

they ripped me off on a master cylinder "lifetime warrenty". they couldnt get to my info in the computer. ill never shop there again. but ill look at advance or NAPA.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
nope. the only ford V8 i want is a 351C. and they are a bit pricey for me right now. other than want, i dont need a V8. i really dont need a truck.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
ok. ill be working on it for a month or two. ill let you know how i feel about selling it after that.

You could but how would you divide 8 firing points to a 6 cyl engine ? ;)

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
that is a problem. dont they have some kind of adapter??:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts