Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Under Hood Air compressor

I'd like to find an adequate air compressor I can install underhood that will be somewhat durable. I don't want a cheezy slastic tire-filler; I want something that I can plumb into a small tank for air-ride seats and occasional blowgun use, plus maybe power a set of train horns..lol..
Any ideas? Is there one that mounts to a 7.3 used in buses for air brakes or such?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Check out a compressor for air suspension on a lincoln.

great! will do... is this a self-regulated system, or does it use an equalizer valve like a big truck?

blacksnapon

Staff member
great! will do... is this a self-regulated system, or does it use an equalizer valve like a big truck?
Theres a regulator that goes by the height sensors at the wheels. You'll have to manufacture something to take the place of the sensors.

Thanks. I also use a LOT of air on my freightliner, but I thought it was ODD that international didn't make one for THIS motor.
I'll check those sites and get back with you on questions. Thanks for answering!

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
yeah true, i have seen some old people, counting the seconds of every hour feeling their youth is slipping by.....confused

yeah true, i have seen some old people, counting the seconds of every hour feeling their youth is slipping by.....confused
And I have seen some :rolleyes: who just seem to master the art of putting out a lot of AIR :blah: , albeit HOT...

Convection confections.... now there's a catchy name :rofl:

In your case, I think it's referred to as a CONVICTION oven...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts