Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
From the Administration and Moderation Team here at FTF we want to say welcome to all the new members of Ford Truck Fanatics and Thank You for the continued support of our faithful membership.

We sure have seen a surge in growth as of late. At last count I saw that between 1/11-12/09 we gained 30 new members. That is simply amazing. If your one of the new members here Thanks for joining up. If your responsible for new members showing up, Thanks for helping us grow.

I thought this might be a good time to combine and post up some of the small print again. All in one place easy to read.

Ford Truck Fanatics Website Disclaimer:
The views expressed in the materials published on this website, are those of the authors, and do not necessarily represent the views of Ford Truck Fanatics. Any advice contained on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice on this website, Ford Truck Fanatics recommends that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances.

Ford Truck Fanatics Forum Guidelines:
Just a few simple rules.

1. No swearing or distasteful language.

2. No bashing of other sites.

3. No bashing of other users.

4. No nudity

5. No discussion of illegal substances.

Signatures:

We don't have hard and fast signature guidelines. Discussion was had some time ago by Administrators and Moderators and a general guideline was established. The general guideline we are asking members to adhere to is the 720x175 pixels. If a specific users signature is thought to be overly large or out of control a PM request to resize or edit will be sent. If you are a user that simply dosen't care to see the signatures for whatever reason you can choose to turn off signatures in your USER CP.

Signature Sample Size:
maxsigsize.jpg

Ford Truck Fanatics Privacy Statement

Ford truck Fanatics Terms of Use Agreement

If you have any questions, comments cares or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a moderator or administrator for assistance.

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yes, welcome aboard, you are about to enter the land of no return! We are glad you are here and hope you all stick around!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have a couple quick questions:

1) Is it ok to link to the 'other' site? I realize you don't want cross promotion, but there are some good tech write-ups by some of the fellas there. Or would it be better to ask their permission to copy and paste over here?

2) Is it ok to post classified ads in the forums? Let me explain...I posted link to a gold mine of front HPD60's a guy on the FSB site had for sale in the offroad and axle sections on the 'other' and it quickly resulted in a 1 week ban due to me trying to help out folks?

That is all for now.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yeah..I wanna say welcome to all the new members to.

I haven't been on this site all that long, nor am I anything more than a regular member, but I think I'm about as excited as anybody to see this many new people around here! :D

smiliegitrdone

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

1) Is it ok to link to the 'other' site? I realize you don't want cross promotion, but there are some good tech write-ups by some of the fellas there. Or would it be better to ask their permission to copy and paste over here?

Links to the other site will be removed...only because we don't wanna be associated with them on the search bot front.

2) Is it ok to post classified ads in the forums? Let me explain...I posted link to a gold mine of front HPD60's a guy on the FSB site had for sale in the offroad and axle sections on the 'other' and it quickly resulted in a 1 week ban due to me trying to help out folks?

This one is a hit or miss kinda thing....the admins will make the call first, if you have a ? about a post ask any of us...

That is all for now.

Thanks for the questions

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
To elaborate on the second one, as long as you aren't over doing it, theres no problem. I'm familiar with what happened at the other place.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad we got that cleared up. Don't wanna be breaking any rules now.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ben we try not to link directly to the "other site" because the google bots constantly crawl our site and catalog the terms that it finds. This mean that when people run google searches for things like "ford trucks" we could potentially come up in the results.

It ALSO means that if we link to the "other site" then the google search engine will inadvertently link us to them, and we don't want to have ANY connections whatsoever. We don't want any new users thinking that we work closely with them-- we do not associate with them at all.

The best solution to that problem would be to try and get permission to copy and paste. Or if it's a small article, screenshot it and host it on imageshack YelloThumbUp

As for the classified ads-- I'm not longer a member of the staff but I don't see any problem with that. Of course you can always post the ads in the Classifieds section, but posting it in the pertinent F-Series section (or whatever shouldn't be a problem). The idea is to put it in the right place so that it gets the right kind of attention.

EDIT: Whoops they beat me to it :p

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali

Ben, If there is something that is particularly appropriate to a thread or discussion going on then great, go ahead and link up. We would prefer if you used a word like "link" or similar and hyperlink it as opposed to simply posting the link. That being said we are a young and growing site we also want to build our reputation on that of OUR users and OUR knowledge base not as a link heavy site that uses others works as our own. make sense? Not sure it did as I typed it.

My opinion is that if you are selling parts of your own then it goes in our classifieds section. if you come across as you said a "goldmine" then a link in the specific forum it applies to would probably be more appropriate.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright guys, thanks for the replies. I'll just get the permission to copy and paste. And if I do find any 'classified' type material that could be useful to anyone I will be sure to post it appropriately.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Alright guys, thanks for the replies. I'll just get the permission to copy and paste. And if I do find any 'classified' type material that could be useful to anyone I will be sure to post it appropriately.

Thatta boy! YelloThumbUp

Now CHOP CHOP! you got more recruiting to do! :D

ok sorry..

*BACK ON TOPIC!

smilietease

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Have to say, I disagree 100% there. I think you should still have the original authors permission before posting it anywhere.
If he screenshots then of course it would also capture the name of the person who posted it IN the screenshot-- it'd be no different than actually linking to the page....

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yeah man, I don't think you did anything wrong over there by posting that d60 ad link.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah man, I don't think you did anything wrong over there by posting that d60 ad link.

Thanks neither did I...I'm still kinda hot about that, but that was the beginning of the end for me and the recruitment by Dennis, Bill and Scott brought me here.

If an admin wants to clean up my chatter and just leave the question and answer to my original questions, that's fine by me.

Last edited:

Kep4

Jäger
What specific tech write ups or info are you looking for? We've got some pretty smart cookies on FTF so we could probably come up with some good ones if steered the right way.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I promise more info to come on that VERY shortly Russ.

Lets try to keep this thread on track. My idea for this thread was exactly what Ben did. Read it and ask some questions for clarification. Just what I was looking for. part of the problem(term used loosly) is that we don't have a lot of hard and fast rules. We have a loose set of guidelines we want to adhere to as well as a level of behavior we want to see.

If you have a question about something shoot a PM to a mod/admin, again it's no bother.

Again WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What specific tech write ups or info are you looking for? We've got some pretty smart cookies on FTF so we could probably come up with some good ones if steered the right way.

I was basically talking about the writeups done by the offroad guys, some of their good tech writeups. Basically done by the guys that aren't over there anymore. There were also a few carb writeups too, done by a guy that I can't seem to pry away from over there. But he already told me I could use his stuff if need be.

I'm new here today. Ben asked me to come over.
I am almost 56 years old.
I am a registered Professional Engineer.
I started drag racing in 1968.
I build motors and transmissions. My son does the frames, suspension, and drivetrains.
My greatest love is the 400 Ford.
I drink beer when I post.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Straight to the point-- I like that :rofl: Welcome Mud Rat!

Side note-- I think you're one of the only older people I know who will say "almost __ years old." Most older folks like to sound as YOUNG as possible :rofl2: But what do I know?! I'm about 1/3 your age :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts