Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Favorite Wheelin' Spots in NC

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Where do you guys like to try out your 4 wheel drive? I like headin to Uwharrie or Tellico. There's also a tiny place in Cullowhee, NC (about 30 miles east of Asheville) called Moses Creek that I like to go to. It's pretty easy riding, but it is GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
When I vacation in NC, I was planning on doing some donuts in Bens front yard. Does that count? :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...how about across the street...17 acres that alot of the high schoolers go to get that 'Mud' look.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
-Brown Mountain
www.4×4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=443

-Carolina Backwoods, Ash, North Carolina, www.carolinabackwoods.com

-Devils Playground (DPG), – Invite only, frequent public/open invites w/ info posted regularly

-The Farm, Lincolnton, NC – This is private property. Do not wheel without permission. Open events are typically posted in the Upcoming Events section. The official website: http://bigdixieboggers.com/thefarm.html

-Freeman Park, Carolina Beach, NC – Daily/Yearly Access Fee. Beach camping permitted.

-Fort Fisher, Licensed four-wheel drive vehicles may travel on the beach in designated areas for access to excellent surf fishing.
Note: At time periods around a full moon, when it is prime for sea turtle nesting. Areas are blocked off or even closed. Search online or Contact the park office for information.
Climate: Winter daytime temperatures range from 40 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit (4 to 7 Celsius). Summer daytime temperatures range from 78 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26 to 27 Celsius). The state has a fairly wet climate with an average precipitation for this area averaging 48-52 inches (122-132 centimeters).
Location: Fort Fisher State Recreation Area is located in New Hanover County, five miles south of Carolina Beach off US 421. It may also be reached from Brunswick County via the Southport-Fort Fisher ferry, which crosses the Cape Fear River.

Outer Banks
http://www.outer-banks.nc.us/newsinfo/randr.htm#bchdrv
Cape Hatteras National Seashore website

-The Rock Garden, Lincolnton, NC
Invite only, public/open invites, info posted for each event.

-Tellico, Tellico National Forest Outside of Murphy, NC (Currently closed)
Directions: Go west on I-40. Just the other side of Canton, NC you will see Exit 27 for 19/23. Be alert! It is a wide two lane exit, but not an exit ramp, while an unmistakable exit it is easy to miss if not paying attention or heavy traffic. There are no exits for some time and it will cost you a one hour round trip if you miss this turn off. You stay on this the whole way to Murphy. When you get to the end of the 4 lane, the right lane turns right towards Robinsville. Stay in left lane. This will take you thru the Nantahala National Forest. You must go like 20 mph through the areas that the stores, shops, and rafting places are. It’s a long winding road with varying speed limits. Lots of ups and downs. Once through there you are close to Murphy. When you get into Murphy, you will see a Wal-Mart on the left. It is usually the cheapest place to re-fuel. When you leave Wal-Mart, turn right at the second stoplight (not counting the one at Wal-mart). This will take you through town. Stay straight all the way through town until you come to a flashing yellow light. Turn right there onto Hanging Dog Road. Stay straight on Hanging Dog road till you see Davis Creek Rd on the right. That’s the way into the trail system. It actually turns into trail 1.
If you go past Davis Creek road you will go up a long winding road up, and when you start down again you will find Crawford’s on the right. Look for the White Jeep on a pole (it’s the sign for the place).
Travel Times to Murphy, NC
Charlotte,NC -> Murphy, NC – 5 hrs (250mi)
Greenville, NC -> Murphy, NC – 7.5 hrs
Raleigh, NC -> Murphy, NC – 7 hrs (420mi)

Uwharrie National Forest (URE or UNF)
UwharrieInfo forum run by Janet Becker
Eldorado Outpost
CNC 4×4’s Trail Map
Badin Lake ORV Map by DRaider90
Arrowhead Campground Map by DRaider90
Directions:
I40/I85 to 210 (Future I73) West on Rt.49, South on SR109
Travel Times:
Charlotte to Uwharrie approx. 1hr. (50mi)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts