Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Update on my truck

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Well since I got my truck out of the shop I am proud to say that it is running great. I can tell that it is a lot stronger. It idles alot smother. No puking when I get into it. I hope for many more happy miles out of it.

List of what was done.
new heads
gaskets
arp studs
egr cooler
oil cooler
low pressure oil pump and regulator
front cover
high pressure pump
# 8 injector
the other 7 injectors received new nozels o rings and copper washers.

Well I hope that is the end of my problems.

blacksnapon

Staff member
What I would like to see is that whenever you get an oil analysis, get your fuel tested for quality as well.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
So i need to do a oil anayliss an check the fuel quality? I'll do that soon. The oil, coolant was changed during service. I changed the fuel filters sat.

blacksnapon

Staff member
So i need to do a oil anayliss an check the fuel quality? I'll do that soon. The oil, coolant was changed during service. I changed the fuel filters sat.
I am a believer that most (if not all) problems with a 6.0 can be traced back to poor fuel quality.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I agree with this on.
Our work truck had the 6.0 in it, and you deffinetly knew when you got some bad fuel. Had to run 2 or 3 good tanks through it to get back to normal.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I am a believer that most (if not all) problems with a 6.0 can be traced back to poor fuel quality.

Ol' Vince is learning... he's been listening to me (ya right).

Fuel quality, fuel filters and fuel additives are key!!!!!!

By the way... and using a condom is right up there when with a women.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts